Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Phatch: New Photo Batch Processor calling for testers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Phatch: New Photo Batch Processor calling for testers

Site is looking very nice. You should put bigger download link, something like donation button.
    I send you a blueprint with request for xcf support. What can I say... I become pain in the ... backyard. I also bombarding blender and gimp with demands

Greetings...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Nuafite View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is a pm?
    private message

It's very kind of you to make such an offer. It's generosity like this which drew me to Ubuntu in the first place.

However, I'd suggest you keep the requirement you have. If someone like me really wants it (and I do) it will encourage us to upgrade to the newest Ubuntu, which I will in November.

But many thanks. It's much appreciated.
    In November you should upgrade to gutsy, not to feisty Seriously send me a private message with your email and we will make it work on edgy.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by digitalis_vulgaris View Post
    Site is looking very nice. You should put bigger download link, something like donation button.
    This is just a temporary page. It needs more work when I find the time.
    I send you a blueprint with request for xcf support. What can I say... I become pain in the ... backyard. I also bombarding blender and gimp with demands

Greetings...
    You are always free to ask. However not everything is possible. Phatch uses PIL and can only support file formats known by PIL. Unfortunately PIL doesn't support xcf, so phatch also doesn't. See the bottom of this page:
    http://www.pythonware.com/library/pi...book/index.htm

So you should put this request rather at the PIL developpers, but I doubt if they have time to implement it. I will have to cancel your blueprint request.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I really thing site is OK. There is no need for world best site design.

I must say that I using Phatch every day and it's working like a dream. I can't wait new release with approved blueprints.

Can you add some effects (filters) like old photo, blink-blink flares, watercolor effect ... ? I like to help you with creating these effects.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by digitalis_vulgaris View Post
    I really thing site is OK. There is no need for world best site design.

I must say that I using Phatch every day and it's working like a dream. I can't wait new release with approved blueprints.
    Nice to hear!
    Can you add some effects (filters) like old photo, blink-blink flares, watercolor effect ... ? I like to help you with creating these effects.
    For the first release I want to provide only basic actions. As the API is not stable yet, it could be much work to keep more actions updated. I'd like to see it like firefox: only the essential actions (such as resize, rotate, ...) and to offer the others for download through a community site.
    But to answer your question... You need to be able to translate the concepts of this filter in python with PIL. PIL is very easy to learn, even if you don't know python. Otherwise, if you find on the web pil recipes, it is fairly easy for me to turn them in filter. So or get started with python & pil, or start googling for recipees...

Stani

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

This program sounds pretty good, does or will it have gamma correction on photos? I'm not sure if this fits with what you're doing as its a for batch photos but most apps dont have them.

But then an auto gamma correction could be implemented I suppose it could be used for batch jobs. Probably not suitable but thought I'd suggest it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Great piece of software.
    Thank you so much for this!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by dougleduck View Post
    This program sounds pretty good, does or will it have gamma correction on photos? I'm not sure if this fits with what you're doing as its a for batch photos but most apps dont have them.

But then an auto gamma correction could be implemented I suppose it could be used for batch jobs. Probably not suitable but thought I'd suggest it.
    There are no limits to what actions could be provided as long as they are achievable by python and pil. So if you are able to write a gamma correction plugin with python and pil, contact me, otherwise you have to find someone to do it for you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

My programming skills don't go that far I'm afraid. Good luck with the project. I look forward to trying it when you release it.

Beans
    Distro

@ SreckoMicic: Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dougleduck View Post
    My programming skills don't go that far I'm afraid. Good luck with the project. I look forward to trying it when you release it.
    It is already released for ubuntu. Just go to the homepage http://photobatch.stani.be and press the 'free download' link.

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast