Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Location

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Location

We're not quite dead, although the forums may be quiet. Please join the mailing list, and check out the IRC channel. More information can be found on our website: ubuntu-wisconsin.org.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

My name is JC. I live in Menomonee Falls, and I'm a freshman in high school. I've been using Ubuntu since 8.04, and run Ubuntu on all of my computers and servers. I've taken a liking to Xubuntu since it's update to Xfce 2.8 in natty, however.

I'm the creator and lead developer of the Ubuntu GNOME Remix project, a remix of Ubuntu that aims to show the unique features of GNOME 3 and also have a pure version of classic GNOME.

I've been a member of the group on launchpad for awhile, just have neglected to post here or attend any meetings.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hi. My name is Eugene. I'm not new to Linux, but this is my first post on this forum. I recently found this.
    I live in Wrightstown, work in Green Bay. Associate degree in Networking and Network Security certificate from NWTC.edu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hello all,

My name is Andy and I currently live and work in Marshfield, WI as a freelance digital artist. I grew up in Abbotsford (Between Eau Claire and Edgar). Went to Madison Area Tech for Animation and Concept Development and moved back here where I am now.

I think I would consider myself a novice with Ubuntu I have been dual-booting and bug reporting since 8.10, and since have played with most of the Libre Graphics applications available.

I would love to find ways to contribute to the Wisconsin LoCo as well as greater Ubuntu community.

Beans

Hey,

My name is Ian. I've been using Ubuntu since 2005.
    I have lived in Milwaukee's Bay View neighborhood for 10 years. And I can't move now because my kids would whine too much.
    I hang out regularly in Brainstorm, helping to mentor people with good ideas onto the road of implementation.
    I keep a blog of my Linux hobby projects.

I would love to see a LoCo that makes trying new things easy and fun, and helps volunteers develop the skills to contribute usefully to the Ubuntu community.
    Last edited by Cheesehead; June 29th, 2011 at 07:07 PM.

Beans

Madison...though I think I'm about to change it to Concord, New Hampshire. It's been fun!

I'm selling a bunch of stuff as I move, so stay tuned for that post. For now, there's this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dawhitf...th/5871210323/
    I am not a lawyer...yet.
    Music Manumit Podcast - remixable Creative Commons music!
    My neglected blog: http://douglasawh.wordpress.com
    My website: http://opensourceplayground.org

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678