Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I've never hated Windows more

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: I've never hated Windows more

Quote Originally Posted by WildTangent
    if you install windows last, your boot loader will be overwritten, so linux must be installed last

-Wild
    That's what I thought. Just checkin'

Beans

I am just curious... Why couldn't you just install ubuntu as the primary and then instead of setting up a dual boot, just use the dchroot or would does that only work for linux and not windows? I am thinking along the terms of like VMWare or the Xen Virtualization of Fedora...

I see why you disagree and somewhat agree with Optimal Aurora thanks.
    Well,
    Big Venus, its show time...

Later...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Big Venus
    I am just curious... Why couldn't you just install ubuntu as the primary and then instead of setting up a dual boot, just use the dchroot or would does that only work for linux and not windows? I am thinking along the terms of like VMWare or the Xen Virtualization of Fedora
    I think he'd be better off running Windows under QEMU, if he has to run Windows at all.
    My sole duty is to my own happiness and well-being. I recognize no other.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy Eyes
    I think he'd be better off running Windows under QEMU, if he has to run Windows at all.
    Agreed, like I said I was just curious...
    Well,

Later...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by brim4brim
    I'm too addicted to HL2 to ditch windows completely but I've had similar problems to this and once windows is reinstalled everything goes back to normal from my experience.
    I'm with you I have to keep Windows because of the gaming. BF1942, HL, Doom3, BF2 etc... If only companies would release Linux binaries for the games.. UGH!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pailhead
    I'm with you I have to keep Windows because of the gaming. BF1942, HL, Doom3, BF2 etc... If only companies would release Linux binaries for the games.. UGH!
    Unreal did for its latest, but I didn't like it in Linux, however, I enjoy it in Windows. And that is one of the only reasons I like Windows (gaming, office namely Access, and the fact that everything works). But I use Linux because it keeps my skills sharp and I can use free c++ compilers and what not stuff.

I prefer Visual Studio but the gcc compilers are pretty nice, especially when you are on an expense account.
    Well,

Later...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345