Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody see any good movies at the Theater lately?

Beans

Red face Anybody see any good movies at the Theater lately?

I have thought about seeing the new Shreck movie or the New Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

has anybody got recommendations?

Beans

Re: Anybody see any good movies at the Theater lately?

last movie i saw was spider man 3, it was the worst movie ive seen in a long time. i hate the movie theatres.

Beans
    Hidden!

I would say Pirates of the Carribean, but it's very high concept and artsy... and just has WAY TOO MUCH stuff going on at once.. which makes it NOT a good movie in my oppinion (though I'm not saying it's bad... no no, it's not a bad movie, just not something to write home about).

Ummm I can't wait for the Sicko to come out actually. I didn't really like Micheal Moore's other movies when i saw them because of the umm... what's the word... because of how much of a **** he is. But honestly, his documentaries are more watchable than many that I've seen recently (there are some baaaaaaad documentaries out there).

I saw Grindhouse ... and it's a bucket full of laughs and completely pointless explosions, scantily clad women, and random violence. Very fun, but again, not a great movie.

I want to see Elephants dream.. I know it's not in theatres... but... still, and open source movie. Gotta be worth at least checking it out.
    It's all about people

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I saw Pirates last weekend. It's not as good as the first two, but it was still fun.

We also saw a little indie flick called Waitress. It was a very good and very fiunny. It's been getting very good reviews too

Next big summer movie I'm waiting for is Transformers (Brother and I used to come home from after school and watch it. We loved it)
    · Compaq Presario 5630 PII, 400 Mhz, 384 MB RAM: Arch with XFCE 4.6, Antix, Debian w/LDXE
    · Dell Dimension 8200, P4 2.2Ghz, 1.5 Gig RAM, Ubuntu 10.10 and Windows 7 (vrtualbox)
    · Thinkpad R40, P4 M 2.0 Ghz, 1 Gig RAM, Ubuntu 10.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I saw Shrek 3 the other week and I thought it was good. The focus is less on Shrek and Fiona and more on how all the characters work together. It also show a new side to Fiona's mom, Cinderella, and Snow White.

On Wednesday I saw Pirates 3 and it was good and, of course, full of action. I would highly recommend both!
    The BEST and ONLY editor of The News Source. Custom built Phenom II with 4 GB of RAM, 1 TB Hard Drive running Ubuntu Natty Narwhal.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by a12ctic View Post
    last movie i saw was spider man 3, it was the worst movie ive seen in a long time. i hate the movie theatres.
    Spider Man 3 I did see also. I agree it sucked.

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Quote Originally Posted by RAV TUX View Post
    I have thought about seeing the new Shreck movie or the New Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

has anybody got recommendations?
    Those were both very good movies, I also really enjoyed Spider-Man 3. Truth be told though, the very best movie I have seen in a very long time didn't come from theaters, but from the discount bin at my local 'Movie Stars': "V for Vendetta". I have absolutely no issue in saying that no movie has affected me nearly as much as 'V for Vendetta', so I highly recommend it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"- Optimus Prime

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Bah, I don't go to movie Theater's anymore... they are a rip off here. Almost 12 bucks a ticket (might have gone up since i last looked) and thats not including my drink, my popcorn and anything else (makes my ticket probably closer to 20, and thats just me)... its ridiculous.

As for the two movies you were talking about Rav... bah, from what I heard Shrek the Third is a cash in sequel designed to get money outta ya and Pirates of the Caribbean well... bleh. I think it lots its appeal on me sometime midway through the second.

I second Adamant, go pick up V for Vendetta for a few dollars, then you can find a better use for your money. Or, go watch the Matrix again . Both by the wachowski's one might add.

Beans

I saw blood diamond last night on dvd, if your a ***** you won't like it but for tough manly men like myself, well these sorts of people will love it. I don't think the show can go for more then 10 seconds without someone being murdalised.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant1988 View Post
    Those were both very good movies, I also really enjoyed Spider-Man 3. Truth be told though, the very best movie I have seen in a very long time didn't come from theaters, but from the discount bin at my local 'Movie Stars': "V for Vendetta". I have absolutely no issue in saying that no movie has affected me nearly as much as 'V for Vendetta', so I highly recommend it.
    Wait dude did you get your military hair cut already?...nice look.

My wife and I just got back from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie the 3rd movie is much better then the first and the second....the best Pirates of the Caribbean movie yet.

I can't wait for the Pirates of the Caribbean, Fountain of Youth movie
    Last edited by RAV TUX; June 3rd, 2007 at 08:24 AM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast