Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Live 8?

Beans

Re: Live 8?

Quote Originally Posted by crashtest
    Wow, that's cold man.
    If I had the means and the opportunity, I'd take Mugabe's head myself. That tyrant disgusts me. He ruined Zimbabwe by paying lip service to Marxist ideals, stealing land from those who made it feed the people, and giving the land to his cronies.

If the G8 nations stopped propping up all the little dictatorships, they would last about a day in power.
    The dictatorships, or the G8 nations? Frankly, I could care less if the little dictatorships only lasted a day longer. I'd say 'Good riddance'. And I'd say 'Good riddance' if the United States stopped being a meddlesome superpower as well. The Revolution of 1776 wasn't fought so that the US could lord it over the rest of the world.
    My sole duty is to my own happiness and well-being. I recognize no other.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy Eyes
    If I had the means and the opportunity, I'd take Mugabe's head myself. That tyrant disgusts me. He ruined Zimbabwe by paying lip service to Marxist ideals, stealing land from those who made it feed the people, and giving the land to his cronies.

The dictatorships, or the G8 nations? Frankly, I could care less if the little dictatorships only lasted a day longer. I'd say 'Good riddance'. And I'd say 'Good riddance' if the United States stopped being a meddlesome superpower as well. The Revolution of 1776 wasn't fought so that the US could lord it over the rest of the world.
    I meant to say that the dictatorships are kept in power by the g8 nations. Without support from the west, the dictatorships could not stay in power. And I was not saying anything in favor of Mugabe - he should be the first to go.
    Registered Linux User: #182084 - July 2000
    http://counter.li.org/ | Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04

Beans

I meant to say that the dictatorships are kept in power by the g8 nations.
    I know they are. I find it disgusting that the politicians in Washington do this and then dare to claim that they represent me. I should go get a few soldiers drunk and see if I can't incite a coup d'etat by playing on their oath as soldiers to defend the Constitution of the US.

Beans
    Hidden!

I know they are. I find it disgusting that the politicians in Washington do this and then dare to claim that they represent me. I should go get a few soldiers drunk and see if I can't incite a coup d'etat by playing on their oath as soldiers to defend the Constitution of the US.
    *L* Yeah good point.

I consider myself much more patriotic than most, because I believe in upholding the Constitution. I don't call blind support of a country patriotism. And I most DEFINITELY won't call anyone installing puppet dictatorships in 3rd world nations patriotic.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by panickedthumb
    I consider myself much more patriotic than most, because I believe in upholding the Constitution.
    Want to hear something funny? My wife is more of an American than most of the native-born moral cowards I know, and she's from f---ing Australia. She at least believes in the ideals that guided the founding of this country.

Beans
    Hidden!

Want to hear something funny? My wife is more of an American than most of the native-born moral cowards I know, and she's from f---ing Australia. She at least believes in the ideals that guided the founding of this country.
    That's not funny, that kicks ass.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123