Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Wubi version (test3) is out

Hybrid View

Beans

Exclamation New Wubi version (test3) is out

We have released a new wubi version (Wubi-7.04-test3). You can get it from our website www.wubi-installer.org.

http://cutlersoftware.com/ubuntusetup/latest.html

That includes several bug fixes which should cover most people that had problems with previous release: grldr fixes, 33% freeze fixes, reboot issues, raid1/0...

Beans

Re: New Wubi version (test3) is out

Well, Test 3 fails to work on my IBM Thinkpad R40 in exactly the same way as Test 2, i.e. cannot find grldr! Any quick fix?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yapel View Post
    Well, Test 3 fails to work on my IBM Thinkpad R40 in exactly the same way as Test 2, i.e. cannot find grldr! Any quick fix?
    Is this a 137G issue? I guess this machine has a disk with size less than 137G considering it is a notebook.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

when i ry to download, it still downloads the Wubi-7.04-test2 file. where is the new wubi version?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by viralbug View Post
    when i ry to download, it still downloads the Wubi-7.04-test2 file. where is the new wubi version?
    You might have the page cached. When you see the white page, cancel the download and refresh the browser.

Beans

Test3 simply gives me an invalid username error every time i try and install. No Luck yet

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yapel View Post
    Copy grldr on all partitions

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ago View Post
    Copy grldr on all partitions
    Hi, I've done by your suggestion, copied grldr to all my partitions and successfully installed Ubuntu.

However, the process of the installation was wholly weird. I wonder is there anything else to be copied other that the grldr file?

First, although the "No GRLDR" problem was solved, but I found that the installer didn't detect my language setting when I installed Wubi. I chose Chinese (Traditional) first in the Wubi installer dialog, but in Ubuntu installer there was no choices corresponding to this, and I had to chose English to proceed and complete the installation.

Second, every time I boot with "Ubuntu", I got the error
    Code:
    [timestamp] hdd: error code: 0x70 sense_key:0x03 asc: 0x11 ascq 0x00
    [timestamp] Buffer I/O error on device hdd - logical block 3357322
    I've search for similar reports on the forum, but I wonder if this problem has to do with the GRLDR issue, so I mention this here too.

Third, after those hd and buffer I/O error are passed, during the booting of Ubuntu I also see (not exactly the original messages below):
    Code:
    Preparing local drives to...
    /media/host/wubi/disks/usr.virtual.disk No such file or ...
    /media/host/wubi/disks/extra.virtual.disk No such file or ...
    With these three major weird phenomena, my Ubuntu instance is kind of crippled now, because every package I install seems not to take effect, including language support I need, NVIDIA driver... so I stopped trying and am reporting here.

Please instruct me if anything above doesn't have to do with GRLDR issue

Thank you first for all the hard work!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MilchFlasche View Post
    First, although the "No GRLDR" problem was solved, but I found that the installer didn't detect my language setting when I installed Wubi.
    We'll look into that

[timestamp] Buffer I/O error on device hdd - logical block 3357322[/CODE]
    That might be due to a bad hard disk block

Preparing local drives to...
    /media/host/wubi/disks/usr.virtual.disk No such file or ...
    /media/host/wubi/disks/extra.virtual.disk No such file or ...
    You can ignore that

because every package I install seems not to take effect, including language support I need, NVIDIA driver... so I stopped trying and am reporting here.
    That's strange, do you have r/w access to the filesystem?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ago View Post
    That's strange, do you have r/w access to the filesystem?
    Well I forgot to offer the information that I was installing Wubi Test3 on my NTFS hard drive (actually it's quite common that people install Wubi on Win XP, and therefore on NTFS isn't it ) Would this affect my r/w privilege in Ubuntu? And how should I fix this? Thank you and sorry for asking so many peripheral problems within this thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast