Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Using Stata on Ubuntu

Beans

Re: Using Stata on Ubuntu

Thanks ctijacob.

I have 11.04 on my laptop, and did a fresh install of Oneiric on my work computer. I'll email the files to myself and try your solution next week. I'll keep you posted.

Beans

Ok, I managed to get it working (yay!, thanks ctijacob)

Instead of copying files to /usr/lib (which did not work because I had the 32 bits version), I went to http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/amd...ourceview1.0-0
    and clicked on libgtksourceview-common (<< 1.9) because this dependency could not be satisfied when installing libgtksourceview-1.0. I downloaded the .deb and installed it through the software center.
    I then went back to http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/amd...ourceview1.0-0 and downloaded the .deb for the 64bits architecture, and installed it through the software center.

Everything now works fine, and the GUI does not crash anymore upon opening the do file editor.

Beans

thanks everyone, just upgraded from 11.04, this saved me tons of time - I did everything as above, except I didn't install the .deb, but downloaded it, unpacked it and copyed
    libgtksourceview-1.0.so.0.0.0 to usr/lib, created the symlink, et voila, all's working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by cmfrtblynmb View Post
    I just installed 11.10, 64 bit version.

I have created all of the proper links:

Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtiff.so.4.3.3 /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libgtksourceview-2.0.so.0 /usr/lib/libgtksourceview-1.0.so.0

but now I get this when I run xstata:

"GTK+ 2.x symbols detected. Using GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3 in the same process is not supported"
    If you have the error:

GTK+ 2.x symbols detected. Using GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3 in the same process is not supported"
    What worked for me was to install the Natty version of libgtksourceview1.0 and libgtksourceview-common (from ubuntu-updates, they're not available on packages.ubuntu.com anymore). After that, Stata seems to be running ok.

Beans

Using Stata on Ubuntu

Yep, similar command. The instructions are for both USB and SD. I just use USB as the examples because that's what I was using. So, anything for USB you should also do for SD I'll make any notes of when you do something different.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456