Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chance of small tick getting under skin and growing bigger. No easy removal!

Beans

Chance of small tick getting under skin and growing bigger. No easy removal!

Please, I really need to know if it's possible for one of those very small flea-sized ticks to get UNDER your skin and then getting bigger by feeding on your blood.

I have a bump on a particular place on my male body that seemed to have arose overnight. I have researched many things but none seem to be likely. Not an STD since I'm still a virgin. I'm not a drug user. Anyway, it seems to have something hard inside. I thought it may be some sort of pimple but there is no white head on it. Since there's no head, I guess that also takes care of knowing it cant be a ingrown hair.

I just don't know what it could be. It's not something I'm willing to see a doctor about.

Please don't tell me that there have been reported cases of this "under skin ticks" thing... I'll s**t my pants.

Beans

Re: Chance of small tick getting under skin and growing bigger. No easy removal!

yep, they lay eggs in your brainz!!!1
    Imagination is more important than knowledge

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Chance of small tick getting under skin and growing bigger. No easy removal!

where on your body is it? does it hurt? when does it hurt (e.g., all the time or only when touched/pinched/etc)? does it look inflammed (red, warm & swollen)?

I doubt it's a small tick; insect parasites are visible to the naked eye.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eilu View Post
    where on your body is it? does it hurt? when does it hurt (e.g., all the time or only when touched/pinched/etc)? does it look inflammed (red, warm & swollen)?

I doubt it's a small tick; insect parasites are visible to the naked eye.
    I was trying to not make it very obvious, but I'll go ahead and say that it's on the surrounding skin of my *****. It looks at least the size of a corn kernel (the bump; not the hard thing inside). When barely pinched, I feel a hard thing inside. It's not inflamed and the color is just normal skin color... It's not red or anything like that. It's just worrying me that it could be an insect under there which would freak me out if it's true... I've had those very tiny ticks on me before and just thinking that one of those could have buried itself all the way under my skin and then growing makes me scared to death! I really don't want to have to cut on myself down there.

Beans

Go to your doctor, anyone giving advice about medical issues over a linux message board is very likely not qualified to give such advice at all.

Beans

Ticks only fasten themselves using their mouth parts.
    They are not able to completely bury themselves under your skin.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Consult a urologist.
    I've personally had those weird little bumps myself but they just went away.
    <Vang> Hmm, he's suddenly awfully quiet.
    <Paul> its tough typing with 1 hand.
    <Paul> quote me on that and die, pigs.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Footissimo View Post
    Go to your doctor, anyone giving advice about medical issues over a linux message board is very likely not qualified to give such advice at all.
    You're correct, but I had to ask anyway... I'm just hoping that no one has ever heard of a case of a tick burying it's complete body under your skin. Be sure to not let ticks lay eggs in your brainz!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I know you said you don't want to, but go to a doctor!!
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

It's certainly possible for some small creatures to get under your skin, in fact it's probably the primary goal of many parasites. I don't know any specifics though. It may not be a tick, but it could quite possibly be some other creature.

Also, you do not have to have sex to contract an STD. It's the most common route for such infections to propogate, but it is not necessarily the ONLY route. The kind of contact necessary for STDs to be passed on are generally considered sexual in nature, but it's probably best to understand that you do not actually have to have sex to get an STD. With family members and people who you're in contact with regularly, then the risk is smaller since you become accustomed to that person and their immune system. However, if someone close to you has recently contracted an STD (although don't go pointing fingers, since you don't know if it IS an STD, and anyone you may suspect of carrying the STD may not themselves know they are a carrier.) If you rule out any other possibilities, then you should definately get in touch with your doctor. An internet forum just can't provide you with the best advice, particularly without knowing everything about you.

However, I do recall some friends getting a few 'bumps' on various parts of their bodies. One in particular had a hard bump in his earlobe, which resembled the shape of a tic. It turned out to be simply a build up of salt crystals and other general 'stuff' you find in your blood / lymph. It really was nothing to worry about for him, and it cleared itself up in time, his doctor simply advised him to keep his ears warm (to ease the flow of blood etc), and just wait it out. A few weeks later and the lump was gone. You may just be experiencing the same thing.

At the end of the day, however - if you're worried about it, you should see your doctor.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast