Page 96 of 128 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Quote Originally Posted by steveneddy View Post
    I use a Logitech V470 bluetooth mouse.
    Other than the sleeping issue, how'd it go? (Detection, etc?)
    Was it only while using a dedicated USB dongle just for the mouse, or was it through an onboard bluetooth chip, or a generic dongle?
    When the only peace your enemy understands is the "Peace of the dead," you have no choice but to make peace in those terms.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Quote Originally Posted by blazoner View Post
    Other than the sleeping issue, how'd it go? (Detection, etc?)
    Was it only while using a dedicated USB dongle just for the mouse, or was it through an onboard bluetooth chip, or a generic dongle?
    Bluetooth has always worked well for me on Linux. I use an onboard Bluetooth chip, no dongle.

The mouse is detected and connected before the GDM login screen, and it is reliable enough for everyday use at home and the office. I can also browse by RAZR phone and send/receive files to/from my laptop.

This little annoyance and the fact that I can't use the scroll wheel left/right buttons for forward/back in Firefox or Nautilus and I'll be one happy camper.

Everything else seems to work well after the upgrade, not a clean install.
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

ive constantly got 2 copies of btnx running in the system manager on hardy 64 bit using btnx 0.4.10, same happened with 0.4.9

its not a problem, i dont notice any problems caused by it, for all i know there are supposed to be 2 copies running. just thought id mention it
    hardy 64 bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Great how-to! btnx installed in Gutsy with zero problems, Logitech MX-1000 laser now has ALL buttons configurable. Setup compiz cube-rotate to the side buttons and now I can rotate the cube with windows maximised. Thank you.
    Old As Dust.

Beans

I believe btnx does not work for 64-bit Hardy. Any plans to make a version that will support 64 bit systems? However I must say Hardy does do a good job of identifying mouse forward and back buttons and applying it to Firefox 3 beta. The same buttons don't work in Nautilus, however. I would like to use btnx but I will have to reinstall 32 bit for it (which I don't want to do because it is limited to 3GB RAM).
    Currently I am using an IOGEAR mouse which is a part of their wireless keyboard/mouse combo. I will probably switch to a Logitech MX Revolution or MX620 soon.
    Currently I am running Ubuntu 8.04 AMD64 with 4GB RAM, Intel Core2Quad Q6600 processor.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

maxxum, it works on 64 bit hardy, , and perfectly too. no xmodmap or xorg.conf edit needed either. thats with an mx revolution. cant speak for your mouse but btnx certainly works in 64 bit hardy as it did in 64 bit gutsy
    hardy 64 bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Thumbs down Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Quote Originally Posted by jamesford View Post
    ive constantly got 2 copies of btnx running in the system manager on hardy 64 bit using btnx 0.4.10, same happened with 0.4.9

its not a problem, i dont notice any problems caused by it, for all i know there are supposed to be 2 copies running. just thought id mention it
    Did you upgrade btnx-config to 0.4.9 and run it at least once? This is required with btnx 0.4.10 to regenerate the udev rule that is probably causing the problems.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

To everyone with the 100% CPU bug: upgrade to btnx-0.4.10 and btnx-config-0.4.9, and run btnx-config at least once like I described in the post above. Let me know if the problem persists.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    To everyone with the 100% CPU bug: upgrade to btnx-0.4.10 and btnx-config-0.4.9, and run btnx-config at least once like I described in the post above. Let me know if the problem persists.
    Too late, I replaced my mouse!! But I will run the upgrade tonight anyways, thanks!

Another user here running AMD65 Hardy (Logitech G5 mouse) with btnx with no issues (other than that cpu issue I had with my old BT Mouse which looks like it may have the fix above)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    Did you upgrade btnx-config to 0.4.9 and run it at least once? This is required with btnx 0.4.10 to regenerate the udev rule that is probably causing the problems.
    no i did a fresh install after a fresh hardy install. just ran btnx-config to test - still 2 copies, did a reboot and still 2 copies
    Last edited by jamesford; April 29th, 2008 at 03:35 PM.
    hardy 64 bit

Page 96 of 128 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast