Page 48 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

I just tried BTNX and it does not seem to recognize my mouse. I have a Logitech G5 usb mouse. I am also running Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon. I have not installed any other button modifying programs, but i have setup xorg and created a modmap following this website (http://adterrasperaspera.com/blog/20...w-under-linux/)

All my buttons work fine in firefox, compiz, and other programs, but I would like ot use the same back and forward tilt buttons I use in Firefox for Dolphin. I have changed Dolphin's shortcuts to match firefox's (alt-left, etc.) but this did not help. If I press alt-left on my keyboard it works, but not using the tilt left on my mouse.

I have been told by numerous sources to try btnx to get this working correctly. I received no errors during the install that I saw. I also installed BTNX 0.3.2 and BTNX-Config 0.2.1. There is no error when the program is trying to find my mouse, it just doesn't respond. When I launch sudo ./btnx i get the following:
    uinput modprobed successfully.
    Could not read the config file: No such file or directory
    Error: configuration file error.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall several times but still receive the same.

Beans

So, I tried using Btnx 3.0 and it still crashes. When I type pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0, I get: 2.10.11, which is the highest I can emerge to.

Beans

btnx-config is definetly a good step forward in making mx configuration easier.

I have a strange problem though. I've mapped my lower thumb button to alt+left and thus use it as Back in browsers.
    However, every now and then it goes nuts and goes back several pages, it just keeps repeating itself until I press esc (or alt..not sure which one actually stops it). Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Beans

Hi daou...

I have a little question...

I upgraded to btnx 0.3.3.
    It works fine but at boot time, in text appear "btnx failed to start"... And after that "btnx succesfully started"...

It's normal? Can I do something to change this?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Akegata View Post
    btnx-config is definetly a good step forward in making mx configuration easier.

I have a strange problem though. I've mapped my lower thumb button to alt+left and thus use it as Back in browsers.
    However, every now and then it goes nuts and goes back several pages, it just keeps repeating itself until I press esc (or alt..not sure which one actually stops it). Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
    I have the same problem...
    Last edited by shimoda; October 27th, 2007 at 03:21 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    Are you using the Alt+Left and Alt+Right for back and forward? KEY_LEFTALT+KEY_RIGHT, KEY_LEFTALT+KEY_LEFT
    Sorry for the late reply, I clean installed Gutsy in the meantime and tried again. I noticed before I had installed btnx I was getting the odd behaviour as before, ie forward button on the mouse was doing a right-click in firefox and nautilus. I reconfigured xorg.conf a few times and the problem went away (I can't remember what I did)

Then I installed btnx, and everything works perfectly! (I was using KEY_LEFTALT+KEY_RIGHT, KEY_LEFTALT+KEY_LEFT btw) No random right-clicks anymore. I have even mapped the search button on my VX Revolution to use the deskbar applet that is included in Gutsy. Tres cool!

I have got to say, many thanks for your awesome software, it makes configuring your mouse in Ubuntu so much easier than it ever used to be, and this kind of thing really should be included by default.

Thanks again for all your work, I am really happy with ubuntu and my mouse now!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Thanks a lot, everything works like a charm now! =D>

I encountered a little problem, though. If you manually write something like "KEY_E KEY_B" in the keycode input field, you get a "Wrong keycode" popup-infinite-loop. I guess I deserve it, but I don't think you wanted it to work like that. (Sorry, if somebody already posted this, but I was too lazy to read all the posts.)

Beans

I am having issues with mapping the search button on a MX Revolution mouse to mouse button 2 (mimicking the middle button paste).

I installed mvmouse and I have btnx-config set to execute this command:

Code:
    /usr/bin/mvmouse +0 +0 2
    This works fine if I save and restart btnx from within btnx-config, but fails on a reboot, even if I restart the service from the command line. All other buttons work fine, and all other buttons are keymap commands. The only one that fails is the command-line button.

Beans

It kind of looks like this is a dead issue for distributions other than *buntu. Does anyone know where to find the documentation to set up mouse buttons using the "standard" methodology? That way may not be pretty, but ugly is better than nothing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I just bought a Logitech MX620, is it possible to get it working in btnx?

It detected as the following:

Vendor ID: 0x046d
    Product ID: 0xc521

Same exact product id as the VX Nano.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by trmiv View Post
    I just bought a Logitech MX620, is it possible to get it working in btnx?

It detected as the following:

Vendor ID: 0x046d
    Product ID: 0xc521

Same exact product id as the VX Nano.
    Have you tried?

Page 48 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast