Page 93 of 128 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

is anyone else seeing that btnx is using an inordinate amount of resources?

I installed it and got it working just a couple of days ago with absolutely no problems. Just recently, however, I've noticed that it is chewing up 60 and sometimes 80% of the cpu!! This is according to the system monitor applet in avant windows manager (awm). The applet shows a constant 100% cpu usage. any ideas?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by fR33b1Rd View Post
    Hi. First I'd like to thank you for this great Tool.

Unfortunately, I've got problems since I installed version 0.4.9. After reboot there are two btnx processes running, and I've no clue why. Any idea?
    I've got the same problem. I updated to hardy a few days ago then I upgraded from btnx 0.4.7 to 0.4.9.
    anyway this is for sure a great tool!
    thanks

Beans

Question Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Hello

i use btnx 0.4.9 with btnx-config 0.4.8, i have a "logitech mouseman dual optical" (4 buttons + wheel).

With compiz-fusion (default config), i use <ctrl>+<alt>+<left mouse bouton> to rotate the cube.

in general, i use <ctrl>+<alt>+<"left or middle or right or wheel" mouse>.
    i don't use the fourth mouse button.

how can i do <ctrl>+<alt> = <4th mouse button> ? => simple manipulation of the cube with the single hand.
    <4th mouse button>+<left mouse button> = rotate cube
    <4th mouse button>+<other mouse button> = ...
    thank

Beans

I installed btnx 0.4.9 and btnx-config 0.4.7 on Ubuntu 7.10 and got my logitech v150 mouse working.

Specifically the tilt wheel button, left and right, are working, ie allowing back (alt-left) and right (alt-right) in firefox and nautilus.

Installation
    As per page one installation.

Configuration
    I only enabled the settings for the tilt wheel buttons left and right. All the settings for the other buttons, including scroll wheel forward, back and down are disabled. This prevents the duplicate keys issue.

Auto Startup
    I made btnx start up automatically by including it in the session manager System->Preferences->Sessions

In Sessions->Startup Programs, I click Add, and configured as follows:

Name: btnx
    Command: sudo btnx
    Comment: Enable support for Logitech Tilt Wheel!

Click OK.

Logged off and on again. Voila, everything is working.
    Last edited by SnappyU; April 16th, 2008 at 05:28 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mortelrdv View Post
    Hello

i use btnx 0.4.9 with btnx-config 0.4.8, i have a "logitech mouseman dual optical" (4 buttons + wheel).

With compiz-fusion (default config), i use <ctrl>+<alt>+<left mouse bouton> to rotate the cube.

in general, i use <ctrl>+<alt>+<"left or middle or right or wheel" mouse>.
    i don't use the fourth mouse button.

how can i do <ctrl>+<alt> = <4th mouse button> ? => simple manipulation of the cube with the single hand.

thank
    Are you asking how you can bind the 4th mouse btn to <left mouse btn> + <ctrl> + <alt> ?

If so, you enable the button (4th btn) in btnx-config and assign "left mouse btn" with modifier <ctrl> and <alt>.

Should work. You may need to restart btnx or restart x. Let us know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Wink Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Just wanted to drop in and say that in my humble opinion btnx is the best thing that has happened to ubuntu in a long while, so genuine thanks go out to you! =D>

Beans

Question Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Quote Originally Posted by SnappyU View Post
    Are you asking how you can bind the 4th mouse btn to <left mouse btn> + <ctrl> + <alt> ?

If so, you enable the button (4th btn) in btnx-config and assign "left mouse btn" with modifier <ctrl> and <alt>.

Should work. You may need to restart btnx or restart x. Let us know.
    No

I ask how i can bind the 4th mouse btn to <ctrl> + <alt> ?

i do it http://cjoint.com/?esomnu1Dc7 , but it don't work, when i press 4th mouse btn + 1st mouse btn (left button) i can't rotate the cube. if i use keyboard <ctrl-left>+<alt-left>+<1st mouse btn (left button)> i can rotate the cube.

thank

Beans

Currently, that's not possible, as btnx can only handle one button press at a time.
    I think that Daou has it on his to do list, though.
    When the only peace your enemy understands is the "Peace of the dead," you have no choice but to make peace in those terms.

Beans

Unhappy Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Quote Originally Posted by blazoner View Post
    Currently, that's not possible, as btnx can only handle one button press at a time.
    I think that Daou has it on his to do list, though.
    I do not think that it is the probleme.

i can change the default config of compiz-fusion ( http://cjoint.com/?esuNxztLdp) by a combination of one or several keys (ctrl,alt,shift,super).

i change the default config of compiz-fusion <ctrl>+<alt> to <alt> only or <ctrl> only or ....and change config btnx
    but i can't rotate the cube with 4th mouse btn + 1st mouse btn (left button) while i can use keyboard+mouse

Beans

This is exactly the problem. Btnx reads only one button at a time, not one button + another button.
    My suggestion is to assign your fourth button to BTN_LEFT + KEY_LEFTCTRL + KEY_LEFTALT
    One button assigned to the key + modifiers.
    Using another button as a modifier is currently not supported.
    When the only peace your enemy understands is the "Peace of the dead," you have no choice but to make peace in those terms.

Page 93 of 128 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast