Page 66 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Now I updated to 0.4.4 and immediately got one problem - how it can be possible to define a double-click under the mouse button?

Previously it was possible to define a button in a way, that event was sent on clicking and releasing ('type=1' parameter), thus making it a double click. Now it seemed to stop working...

P.S. Downgraded back until the solution will be found. Uninstall of btnx-config 0.4.4 got stuck - killing the 'scrollkeeper-update' process helped to get it done.
    Last edited by tim71; December 14th, 2007 at 07:15 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by tim71 View Post
    Now I updated to 0.4.4 and immediately got one problem - how it can be possible to define a double-click under the mouse button?

Previously it was possible to define a button in a way, that event was sent on clicking and releasing ('type=1' parameter), thus making it a double click. Now it seemed to stop working...

P.S. Downgraded back until the solution will be found. Uninstall of btnx-config 0.4.4 got stuck - killing the 'scrollkeeper-update' process helped to get it done.
    This is related to the implementation of the "Force immediate button release" property. It changed the way some event types were handled. However, it is not a big deal to change it back so type=1 will give the behavior you want. I will make it possible in the next release.

As for the scrollkeeper... nothing has changed in the way the documentation is built and installed. If you keep having problems with it, just call "./configure builddocs=no". It will not install documentation at all.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    As for the scrollkeeper... nothing has changed in the way the documentation is built and installed. If you keep having problems with it, just call "./configure builddocs=no". It will not install documentation at all.
    No - scrollkeeper itself does not represent a problem. It was only the uninstall before downgrade, when this process (obviously initiated by uninstall process as was seen in system monitor) just got stuck for a long time.

Anyway - let's give it another try, when this next version will be ready.

Beans

Hi and thanks for btnx which works very well

I'm just wondering, would it be possible to add 2 features :
    - make it possible to change button behaviour based on key modifiers, for example make buttonX click and CTRL+buttonX click do two different things ?
    - change button behaviour based on the current focused window properties (name/class/title), so that for example thumb buttons could have different actions associated when firefox is focused and when the desktop is focused...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by k-o-x View Post
    Hi and thanks for btnx which works very well

I'm just wondering, would it be possible to add 2 features :
    - make it possible to change button behaviour based on key modifiers, for example make buttonX click and CTRL+buttonX click do two different things ?
    - change button behaviour based on the current focused window properties (name/class/title), so that for example thumb buttons could have different actions associated when firefox is focused and when the desktop is focused...
    Glad you find btnx useful. Your first suggestion could be possible to implement. It would require a lot of work, but I will keep it in mind.

The second suggestion is a bit out of btnx's scope. It would make configuration unnecessarily complicated. And it's an unnecessary amount of code for a feature that only a handful of people will use.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

Well I finally packaged btnx and btnx-config 0.4.4 as .debs, despite what I have been saying all along. I won't commit myself to keeping them up to date, so the latest features will be available from compiling yourself.

Note that the debs only work for Ubuntu 7.04 (if someone tests 7.10 and finds that they work, tell me).

Kubuntu users should still compile from source. There might be problems with the documentation, and the btnx-config menu icon will not work correctly unless you have gksu. KDE users need the desktop icon to use kdesu, which is correctly configured when the package is compiled.
    Last edited by daou; December 19th, 2007 at 11:50 AM.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Hi. Could you please explain to the this phrase:
    "Could not create a version stamp file."
    What is a version stamp file?
    A new revision of file or what?

I try translating btnx. Thanks

by the way, stange string Failed to execute command: " isn't it?
    Last edited by neptunix; December 22nd, 2007 at 03:27 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by neptunix View Post
    Hi. Could you please explain to the this phrase:
    "Could not create a version stamp file."
    What is a version stamp file?
    A new revision of file or what?

I try translating btnx. Thanks
    The version stamp file is a file that contains the current version of btnx-config. The file is created when a user makes a backup of their configurations. It is placed in the backup archive. Later, when the user attempts to restore the backup, it checks whether the backup archive is compatible by comparing the versions of the backup and the current version of btnx-config.

Thanks for helping out with the translations, by the way.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

When you finish the translation, I'll try to include it in the next release as soon as possible. There has been a problem for a week with Launchpad... I've been unable to download new translations. The French translation file has been sitting there for a week.

Hopefully they will have it fixed soon. I'm actively following its status.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans

I'm having a bit of an issue, btnx has completely stopped recognizing my search button. I tried it on Windows, and the button works fine, but btnx no longer recognizes it. I've even tried a new profile, but nothing.

Any clues?

Page 66 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast