Page 24 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Hi daou,

Btnx is great. It is exactly what I need when I was looking around trying to configure my MX Revolution. However, I have one peculiar issue: Sometimes when I move my mouse around, I see something like "^[[3C" on my terminal. Apparently, some people having the same issue as mine except that they somehow accidentally click on the wheel left or right. In case, I do not click on any wheel or button, I just move the mouse from one window to another window. Also, this is rather random and underministic.

Thanks,
    I

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by imperialline View Post
    Hi daou,

Btnx is great. It is exactly what I need when I was looking around trying to configure my MX Revolution. However, I have one peculiar issue: Sometimes when I move my mouse around, I see something like "^[[3C" on my terminal. Apparently, some people having the same issue as mine except that they somehow accidentally click on the wheel left or right. In case, I do not click on any wheel or button, I just move the mouse from one window to another window. Also, this is rather random and underministic.

Thanks,
    I
    By any chance are you running a 64bit copy of Ubuntu?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bedpan.ca View Post
    By any chance are you running a 64bit copy of Ubuntu?
    As a matter of fact, I do. This is the output from uname:

Linux sanjose 2.6.15-28-amd64-generic #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu May 10 09:46:40 UTC 2007 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

As a matter of fact, I do. This is the output from uname:

Linux sanjose 2.6.15-28-amd64-generic #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu May 10 09:46:40 UTC 2007 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Yeah, I was thinking as much. I'm betting there's a bug with the 64 bit version of btnx, since I have the same problem (randomly sending the right-tilt button, which is default set to ALT+RIGHT, which prints a capital C, and some gibberish).

I'm hoping daou will be sorting out this matter soon.

Beans

If it is 64-bit specific issue, I would imagine that this is not too complicated for daou to fix it.
    This app is great, much better than using edev, xkbset, xbinkey, xvkbd, etc. such a mess!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Thanks, Bedpan, for being patient. This newer attached debug version should fix the 64-bit bug, while still being compatible with 32-bit OSs.

Try it and let me know if it fixes the issue. I will release a new btnx version if it does.

Quick reminder:

run "make" (I think I remembered to run make clean this time )
    stop btnx first! "sudo /etc/init.d/btnx stop"
    then "sudo ./btnx"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Fangs404 View Post
    Oh, haha, duh! I was off (I was looking at 8 vs 1 instead of 8 vs 11).

[edit]
    And by the way, this is fantastic. It does pretty much everything I'd like. Thanks!
    No problem. I'm glad you like it. After all, an MX Revo without functionality on its buttons is like a Ferrari without wheels. It looks, feels, and sounds nice, but doesn't go anywhere .
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

If it is 64-bit specific issue, I would imagine that this is not too complicated for daou to fix it.
    This app is great, much better than using edev, xkbset, xbinkey, xvkbd, etc. such a mess!
    The problem with 64-bit was that it changed the most important part of btnx-> the size and data of the input device output that btnx reads. Hopefully nothing else breaks it in the future (like a complete rework of the kernel input interface ).

You can also try the debugging version I attached for Bedpan, and see if it fixes the issue.

I'm glad you find btnx useful (and hopefully easy). I was afraid of making just another complicated process for configuring mice, something that btnx was supposed to fix. The old MX Revo howto that I maintained got so bloated that I programmed btnx so I wouldn't have to go through the old howto again after the Feisty update .
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

This testing phase is over. Go here for the newer one: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=282
    Last edited by daou; July 6th, 2007 at 07:49 PM.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    The problem with 64-bit was that it changed the most important part of btnx-> the size and data of the input device output that btnx reads. Hopefully nothing else breaks it in the future (like a complete rework of the kernel input interface ).

You can also try the debugging version I attached for Bedpan, and see if it fixes the issue.

I'm glad you find btnx useful (and hopefully easy). I was afraid of making just another complicated process for configuring mice, something that btnx was supposed to fix. The old MX Revo howto that I maintained got so bloated that I programmed btnx so I wouldn't have to go through the old howto again after the Feisty update .
    Thanks daou. I will give it a go and keep you posted.

Page 24 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast