Page 22 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

I fixed my aforementioned problem by clearing out the old udev rules as was suggested. However, now I seem to have a new problem. When I have multiple tabs open and close the rightmost tab, the mouse occasionally highlights the website in the tab to the left. It does so until I click on an area of the affected site. Anyone have any ideas?

Beans

Hi you saved the day!
    I own a MX610 and i tried to make btnx work

got to add:

Code:
    {       "mx610",                0x046D,         0xC518  },      // Logitech MX-610
    to device.c and used the attached configuration file! (got to add .txt to upload, remove it)

Thanks a lot for you good work, if you need help for new releases and for testing just ask!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by Ethekyel View Post
    You nailed it, thank you so much!
    I'm using MX Revolution and everything works OK. However I did make some changes to the config. The only problem I get is when I use thumb button forward, which I configured this way:
    Code:
    # Thumb button forward.
    # Does an Alt+Right. Ex. Firefox forward
    Button
    rawcode = 0x01011400
    type = 0
    keycode = KEY_RIGHT
    mod1 = KEY_LEFTALT
    EndButton
    It does go forward, but it displays the window menu (close, move, resize...) where the pointer is after clicking forward. It's weird, because back is configured the same way and it doesn't have any issues. Do you know how to solve this?
    Thanks again.
    Someone else had a problem with the menu popping up with a different mouse as well. I can't replicate it myself. I'm not sure what could be the possible cause, other than it's probably an xorg.conf or some other mouse config setting.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by casell View Post
    Hi you saved the day!
    I own a MX610 and i tried to make btnx work

got to add:

Code:
    {       "mx610",                0x046D,         0xC518  },      // Logitech MX-610
    to device.c and used the attached configuration file! (got to add .txt to upload, remove it)

Thanks a lot for you good work, if you need help for new releases and for testing just ask!
    Wow! At this pace I'll be out of work . I take it the code wasn't too difficult to figure out.

But no problem, I'm glad you find btnx useful. I might just take you up on that testing offer when I release the btnx-config app. There's still quite a lot of work to be done (SVN repo is at http://svn.ollisalonen.com/btnx-config but the program is not yet fully functional).

Thanks for doing all the hexdumping work and editing the config file. I'll add it to the next update. Unfortunately it seems the VX Revolution and MX-610 also share product IDs, so the config file will have to be copied manually like for the MX-1000 and Mediaplay mice.

This is one thing I don't understand. Logitech can define up to 65535 unique product IDs for their USB devices, but they keep reusing the same ones. Even if they made 1000 unique USB devices a year, they could wrap around to the oldest IDs after 65 years. At that point there probably won't be any functioning devices left that are using the reused IDs.

Maybe they are using some common USB controller/transceiver setup and flashing unique IDs wouldn't be cost effective. But that just seems a bit far fetched.
    Last edited by daou; June 27th, 2007 at 10:16 PM.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans

Dauo, just to let you know....im still loving btnx and im still greatly thankfull for your
    help to the community.

<---in love lol

Mack1

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I've been having this problem where (when btnx is running) my mouse will send the Right-Tilt action on it's own.

I've just finished going through the process of getting a replacement mouse, in hopes that it was a faulty mouse, but this one does the same thing as the last.

Anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this?

I'm running Feisty Kubuntu 7.04 with a dual core AMD processor (AMD64), and the latest version of btnx.

Thanks,
    James

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Bedpan.ca View Post
    I've been having this problem where (when btnx is running) my mouse will send the Right-Tilt action on it's own.

I've just finished going through the process of getting a replacement mouse, in hopes that it was a faulty mouse, but this one does the same thing as the last.

Anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this?

I'm running Feisty Kubuntu 7.04 with a dual core AMD processor (AMD64), and the latest version of btnx.

Thanks,
    James

Sorry, I completely forgot about this. I attached a debugging version. It will tell you whenever btnx sends an event, and what keycodes and modifiers it sends.

Also, whenever you get a sidescroll event, it will inform you about it and do a hexdump of the data related to that event. Send me that data (whenever you get an unwanted sidescroll event).

EDIT: you don't have to install it if you already have btnx installed. Just stop the old btnx first. Then run make and sudo ./btnx
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by daou; June 29th, 2007 at 04:51 PM.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Mack1 View Post
    Dauo, just to let you know....im still loving btnx and im still greatly thankfull for your
    help to the community.

<---in love lol

Mack1
    No, thank you for helping me release btnx to the community and believing in btnx from day 1 .
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans

hi all.. my first post on this thread...after searching a way to configure my mx310 i've seen this helpful topic.. everything went ok until configuration... i've configured btnx config as u can see here:

Code:
    # Do not change the vendor_name or product_name values
    vendor_name 	= Logitech
    product_name 	= MX-310

# Left mouse button
    # NOTE: This is commented out. You probably don't want
    # to send extra events when pressing this button!
    #Button
    #name	=	Left button
    #rawcode	=	0x01011000
    #type 	=	0
    #keycode	=	KEY_UNKNOWN
    #EndButton

# Right mouse button
    #Button
    #name	=	Right button
    #rawcode	=	0x01011100
    #type 	=	0
    #keycode	=	KEY_UNKNOWN
    #EndButton

# Mouse wheel press
    #Button
    #name	=	Wheel press
    #rawcode	=	0x01011200
    #type 	=	0
    #keycode	=	KEY_UNKNOWN
    #EndButton

# Wheel scroll down
    #Button
    #name	=	Wheel scroll down
    #rawcode	=	0x020008FF
    #type 	=	1
    #keycode	=	KEY_UNKNOWN
    #EndButton

# Wheel scroll up
    #Button
    #name	=	Wheel scroll up
    #rawcode	=	0x02000800
    #type 	=	1
    #keycode	=	KEY_UNKNOWN
    #EndButton

# Side button back
    # Tasto Freccia SX + ALT SX.
    Button
    rawcode	=	0x01011300
    type 	=	0
    keycode	=	KEY_LEFTALT
    mod1 	=	KEY_LEFT	
    EndButton

# Side button forward
    # Tasto Freccia DX + ALT SX.
    Button
    rawcode	=	0x01011400
    type 	=	0
    keycode =	KEY_LEFTALT
    mod1	=	KEY_RIGHT
    EndButton

# App button
    # Tasto Alt+Tab
    Button
    rawcode	=	0x01011500
    type 	=	0
    keycode =	KEY_LEFTALT
    mod1	=	KEY_TAB
    EndButton
    but it doesnt work fine... when i push left or right button on my mx310, the system do the combo alt+left(or right) but it do also another thing...in my case.. when i try alt+left (with left mouse button) in firefox it open also my download manager to download parts of page, when i try alt+right it open also a drop-down menu...when i use app button system copy link and paste it where it can... can anybody help me? where i wrong?

PS: sry for my english..but i speak a bit of it and thanks to daou for his work.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    I attached a debugging version. It will tell you whenever btnx sends an event, and what keycodes and modifiers it sends.
    you don't have to install it if you already have btnx installed. Just stop the old btnx first. Then run make and sudo ./btnx
    Code:
     warning: i386 architecture is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
    Doesn't let me make it, on my 64bit system

Page 22 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast