Page 15 of 128 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

You are right. I stoped btnx and the back button only goes back one instead of two. Of course the other buttons do not work right now. Back button does not work in naultilist any more either. I guess I will either have to have btnx not work with firefox or tweak the settings in firefox.
    Make sure you have "Protocol" set to "auto" in your xorg.conf InputSection.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I do have it set to auto.

Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier     "Mouse1"
        Driver         "mouse"
        Option         "Protocol" "auto"
        Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
        Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option              "Buttons"       "10"
    EndSection
    Imight have something else wrong take a look.
    Sjust
    UBUNTU Hardy AMD 64 x2 5000+ 2 GB Memory
    Nvidia 8500gt OSS v4
    registered Linux user #421719 Ubuntu user #7719

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sjust View Post
    I do have it set to auto.

Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier     "Mouse1"
        Driver         "mouse"
        Option         "Protocol" "auto"
        Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
        Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option              "Buttons"       "10"
    EndSection
    Imight have something else wrong take a look.

Drop the Buttons option down to 3
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Changing option buttons to 3 did not help still moves two pages. Well off to work. I will have to work on it later in the week.
    Sjust
    UBUNTU Hardy AMD 64 x2 5000+ 2 GB Memory
    Nvidia 8500gt OSS v4
    registered Linux user #421719 Ubuntu user #7719

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sjust View Post
    Changing option buttons to 3 did not help still moves two pages. Well off to work. I will have to work on it later in the week.
    Did you remember to restart btnx?

Beans

It works fine on my MX Revolution but... I've associated thumb button back and forward with ALT+LEFT and ALT+RIGHT to go back and forward on firefox but often when I press one of it seems as stuck and for example it go back not of one page but 10 pages! Nautilus back and forward works fine. How can I do? Tnks

Beans
    Distro

Someone asked when btnx will get its own GUI configuration utility. I find editing text files to be the quickest and easiest but this is not the case for most. I'm not a big fan of coding GUI apps, so I'm a bit reluctant to do it. Maybe someone would like to implement this? A few points:
    • Should be a GTK+ app for maximum compatibility.
    • Should be a separate install. For example, a simple GTK+ app needs a couple of development libraries to be installed (GTK, glib, etc). This makes compiling btnx more of a hassle. Unless both are included in a debian binary package.
    • Config files and the config parser need a few minor changes before this can be done well. Once this is done, the config app can utilize the config_parser.c file so no one has to write their own parser.
    If no one else is interested, I might code it later. When I'm really bored .
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by KaMZaTa View Post
    It works fine on my MX Revolution but... I've associated thumb button back and forward with ALT+LEFT and ALT+RIGHT to go back and forward on firefox but often when I press one of it seems as stuck and for example it go back not of one page but 10 pages! Nautilus back and forward works fine. How can I do? Tnks
    I have the default setting for my thumb wheel, but I get the same result sometimes. When pushing the thumb wheel forward, it seems to get stuck. It seems like btnx never catches the release event. It happens very rarely, and never when pulling the thumb wheel back. This is one reason why I suspect it's an electrical/mechanical problem with the thumb wheel itself (and until now, no one else has mentioned it).

There is a way I can possibly limit the effect in the code. I'll try adding that in the next update.
    Last edited by daou; June 11th, 2007 at 08:21 PM.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    Someone asked when btnx will get its own GUI configuration utility. I find editing text files to be the quickest and easiest but this is not the case for most. I'm not a big fan of coding GUI apps, so I'm a bit reluctant to do it. Maybe someone would like to implement this? A few points:
    • Should be a GTK+ app for maximum compatibility.
    • Should be a separate install. For example, a simple GTK+ app needs a couple of development libraries to be installed (GTK, glib, etc). This makes compiling btnx more of a hassle. Unless both are included in a debian binary package.
    • Config files and the config parser need a few minor changes before this can be done well. Once this is done, the config app can utilize the config_parser.c file so no one has to write their own parser.
    If no one else is interested, I might code it later. When I'm really bored .
    This would be great!

I have the default setting for my thumb wheel, but I get the same result sometimes. When pushing the thumb wheel forward, it seems to get stuck. It seems like btnx never catches the release event. It happens very rarely, and never when pulling the thumb wheel back. This is one reason why I suspect it's an electrical/mechanical problem with the thumb wheel itself (and until now, no one else has mentioned it).

There is a way I can possibly limit the effect in the code. I'll try adding that in the next update.
    I don't think so. My mouse on Windows works perfectly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

If you're interested, I can follow your instructions in your first post to provide the hexdump info for my Microsoft Intellimouse - I've had all manner of problems getting it's extra buttons configured and your project certainly seems like it should be able to help
    ARG! TOO MUCH PRESSURE!

Page 15 of 128 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast