Page 14 of 128 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1273

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    85
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

    Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    Does your MX-1000 work with btnx now?
    Yes it works. I took the default_config_MX1000 file and copied it in btnx_config place.

    The "middle button left" and "middle button right" events had to be commented out and wheel tilt events uncommented - then things started to work.

    P.S. One thing makes me thinking - is there a way to define doubleclick event?
    Last edited by tim71; June 9th, 2007 at 11:20 PM.

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Beans
    796
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

    Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

    Quote Originally Posted by tim71 View Post
    Yes it works. I took the default_config_MX1000 file and copied it in btnx_config place.

    The "middle button left" and "middle button right" events had to be commented out and wheel tilt events uncommented - then things started to work.

    P.S. One thing makes me thinking - is there a way to define doubleclick event?
    Ok, I'll fix that. Doubleclicking isn't technically supported, but there's a small hack to make it work. You can change the type value of a button that is originally set to type=0. Change it to type=1 and then keycode=BTN_LEFT

    That should make a double left click. Playing with the type values isn't exactly recommended.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    85

    Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

    OK, here goes:

    Here's the "InputDevice" section of my xorg.conf:
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
    	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
    	Driver		"mouse"
    	Option		"Device"		"/dev/input/mice"
    	Option		"Protocol"		"auto"
    	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
    	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"no"
    	Option		"Buttons"		"3"
    EndSection
    If you refer back to that text file I posted, you will see that the second half includes the hexdump info from after I changed the protocol to "auto".
    When I get a chance, I'll swap mouses while running windoze, in case it's just a malfunctioning mouse.

    *** As an aside, if anyone is using a mouse that has been configured previously using some other method, like evdev, my suggestion is to hexdump off of a live CD, rather than trying to undo all their hard work first. i.e. record the hexdump in a text file, and email it to themselves, or write it strait to a floppy, rather than leaving it in temporary filespace that disappears upon reboot. (You could also manually mount your filesystem, but that's probably a bit much trouble to go through.)

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    85
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

    Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    Doubleclicking isn't technically supported, but there's a small hack to make it work. You can change the type value of a button that is originally set to type=0. Change it to type=1 and then keycode=BTN_LEFT

    That should make a double left click. Playing with the type values isn't exactly recommended.
    Thanks for the tip. It seems to work, but not 100% - in some programs thing does a "wrong move" sometimes. Will try to test it more.

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    85
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

    Quote Originally Posted by blazoner View Post
    As an aside, if anyone is using a mouse that has been configured previously using some other method, like evdev, my suggestion is to hexdump off of a live CD, rather than trying to undo all their hard work first. i.e. record the hexdump in a text file, and email it to themselves, or write it strait to a floppy, rather than leaving it in temporary filespace that disappears upon reboot. (You could also manually mount your filesystem, but that's probably a bit much trouble to go through.)
    I had no problem with this - i just commented out evdev-driven InputDevice and reference to it in ServerLayout section of xorg.conf leaving me with the default Mouse0 input device. Dumps came out fine after that and now btnx works too. And there is always easy way to change back - just uncomment few lines in xorg.conf and restart X.

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    85

    Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

    Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    Ok, I'll fix that. Doubleclicking isn't technically supported, but there's a small hack to make it work. You can change the type value of a button that is originally set to type=0. Change it to type=1 and then keycode=BTN_LEFT

    That should make a double left click. Playing with the type values isn't exactly recommended.
    Just remember that this approach requires both the press and release events in order to register a "double-click". In other words, if you click and hold the button for too long, it won't "double-click", but will still register two separate BTN_LEFT events.

    Another method some people have used includes XBindKeys.

    It would be nice if there were a simple wrapper for creating keyboard shortcuts using uinput or something similar. (I haven't found any yet.) Letting you map Key and button events, and even call scripts.

    "System - Preferences - Keyboard Shortcuts" seems woefully inadequate for this process.

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Beans
    85

    Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

    Quote Originally Posted by tim71 View Post
    I had no problem with this - i just commented out evdev-driven InputDevice and reference to it in ServerLayout section of xorg.conf leaving me with the default Mouse0 input device. Dumps came out fine after that and now btnx works too. And there is always easy way to change back - just uncomment few lines in xorg.conf and restart X.
    Cool! I'm still a noob, and constantly learning more. Thanks for the tip!

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Campbellsburg, KY USA
    Beans
    28
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

    Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

    Igot btnx working like I want for the most part. I set up the side buttons for forward an back in firefox and naultilist. The only problem I have is when I go back or foward in firefox, I get sent two pages instead of one. I have the buttons configures this way. It does not happen in naultilist so I think it is just firefox.

    Code:
    Front side button
    Button
    rawcode	=	0x01011400
    type 	=	0
    keycode =	KEY_RIGHT
    mod1	=	KEY_LEFTALT	
    EndButton
    
    Rear side button
    Button
    rawcode	=	0x01011300
    type 	=	0
    keycode =	KEY_LEFT
    mod1	=	KEY_LEFTALT
    EndButton
    If any one has any ideas please let me know
    Sjust
    UBUNTU Hardy AMD 64 x2 5000+ 2 GB Memory
    Nvidia 8500gt OSS v4
    registered Linux user #421719 Ubuntu user #7719

  9. #139
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Beans
    796
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

    Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

    Quote Originally Posted by sjust View Post
    Igot btnx working like I want for the most part. I set up the side buttons for forward an back in firefox and naultilist. The only problem I have is when I go back or foward in firefox, I get sent two pages instead of one. I have the buttons configures this way. It does not happen in naultilist so I think it is just firefox.

    Code:
    Front side button
    Button
    rawcode    =    0x01011400
    type     =    0
    keycode =    KEY_RIGHT
    mod1    =    KEY_LEFTALT    
    EndButton
    
    Rear side button
    Button
    rawcode    =    0x01011300
    type     =    0
    keycode =    KEY_LEFT
    mod1    =    KEY_LEFTALT
    EndButton
    If any one has any ideas please let me know
    Try using the same buttons in firefox without btnx. It is possible that you are getting mouse events without btnx that firefox already interprets as back/forward commands.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Campbellsburg, KY USA
    Beans
    28
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

    Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

    You are right. I stoped btnx and the back button only goes back one instead of two. Of course the other buttons do not work right now. Back button does not work in naultilist any more either. I guess I will either have to have btnx not work with firefox or tweak the settings in firefox.
    Sjust
    UBUNTU Hardy AMD 64 x2 5000+ 2 GB Memory
    Nvidia 8500gt OSS v4
    registered Linux user #421719 Ubuntu user #7719

Page 14 of 128 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •