View Poll Results: Do we wish to join the NU Ubuntu Team via Lanuchpad membership?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 40.00%
  • No

3 60.00%

Thread: Northeast Ubutu Team Vote

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Northeast Ubutu Team Vote

Greetings All,

As promised at the last meeting, I'm putting up our (The Maryland Loco Team) membership into the NU Ubuntu Team to a vote. Please take a look at their pages and decide if you want to officially align our team with theirs via a launchpad.net membership.

Also feel free to comment and ask questions here as needed. I'll keep this vote open through our next in person meeting on June 21st.

https://launchpad.net/nuubuntuteam
    http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Keep in mind that this is not deciding if we want to be good neighbors with the surrounding teams. Obviously we want that harmony.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Northeast Ubutu Team Vote

After browsing the links you've provided, here are my thoughts on this:

The NU Ubuntu Team's Launchpad site lists several goals, all of which I think are consistent with Ubuntu's goals worldwide and our local goals here in Maryland.

I am a little confused about why Maryland is clumped into the Northeast region when the Census Bureau claims otherwise. This may present a few problems in the future. For example, any regional meetings will be larger and potentially farther away. If there were a mid-Atlantic regional group, I'd prefer to join it for the sole purpose that I'd be more able to make any regional gatherings or events. Not to mention that I think our mid-Atlantic groups will work better with our neighbors if our leadership were closer to home. However, as no such group yet exists (maybe Maryland will take the lead in starting one?), joining the Northeast group seems to be in the spirit of cooperation that Ubuntu stands for.

Finally, as Ubuntu continues to grow, I think we need to stick together despite any minor differences in philosophy. I don't want to make it sound like we're William Wallace fighting the English, but Ubuntu is up against some serious odds, and we can use all of the support and help we can get.