Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why does Automatix break systems?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Why does Automatix break systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    yeah thats what i meant. he asked for it to be removed because he got his own website and forums where he could give support without a couple of members giving him greif.
    Uh-huh.
    Last edited by aysiu; May 24th, 2007 at 04:58 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

whether the couple few that ive seen over the years debating whether automatix is good or bad are right or not, its true that they kinda are giving him a hard time about it. The forums are really good about it, but this entry in his FAQ isnt there for no good reason

Is Automatix2 safe? Folks in #ubuntu on IRC keep telling me it isn't.

* Yes, it is perfectly safe. Thousands of users worldwide use Automatix2 every day without any issues. If you think you have run into any issues related to Automatix, please report to our forums to get quick and high quality support.

some guy in the ubuntu irc channel was asking why he couldent play dvds, someone responded that you needed to have dvd codecs installed. he responded with "well how do i install them?" I told him that the easiest way was to use automatix. Big mistake. I had about 5 people call the all powerful ubotu to spit various messages about how automatix is not safe, and how even if it works for me it may not work for everyone. When i tried to ask why they were so hostile towards it they said that the see many many many people com in saying that automatix broke their systems. I highly doubt that it was automatix's fault but i left as i knew i wasnt going to convince them

and like i said, i think i remember arnieboy saying that he asked for his third party software subforum to be closed down so that he could continue support on his own forum and not having to worry about people debating whether this software will destroy your computer or not, but rather for support and bug reports
    Last edited by Polygon; May 24th, 2007 at 05:06 AM.
    Jabber: markgrandi[at]gmail.com

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

These are my thoughts on the issue:
    http://ubuntucat.wordpress.com/2007/...you-may-think/

Beans

This issue has been discussed at length on numerous occasions.

It has just been through the Forum Council.

I see no value in continuing it here. I am going to close this thread.
    This account is not active.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123