Page 153 of 205 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2047

Thread: ** Official Otaku Thread **

Beans

Re: ** Official Otaku Thread **

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    can you help me pick something to watch? i'd really like to see something good as long as it's fairly short, is there anything about an hour long i can get? thanks
    Danielle, that depends what you like. If its adventure, i *really* recomend anything from studio Ghibli. Specially Castle in the Sky (Laputa). It runs about 80min.

If you like action: Cowboy bebop movies are ok. I havent seen the series, and i was able to follow the movies just fine. IMO, i compare the action and story to be as well developed as Die Hard was back in the day.. So its pretty good.
    ~0okami

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by 0okami
    If you like action: Cowboy bebop movies are ok. I havent seen the series, and i was able to follow the movies just fine. IMO, i compare the action and story to be as well developed as Die Hard was back in the day.. So its pretty good.
    If you liked the CB movie, you'll like the series even more. The movie doesn't stray from the Bebop formula, though the plot it's arguably lighter than the series' central plot.
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake

Another one you might like if you like Cowboy Bebop is Read or Die, which is 3 episodes long.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand
    Another one you might like if you like Cowboy Bebop is Read or Die, which is 3 episodes long.
    That's the OVA. There's also Read or Die TV which is runs for 26 episodes.
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

what is the basic plot for read or die? ive sen some trailers for it but it doesnt really give the viewer an idea of what the plot is about. cheers.

As for recommendations, i'm a masamune shirow fan so i'd say anything by him. Something like appleseed, dominion tank police, black magic m-66, orion, ghost in the shell (obviously ) etc.
    Ubuntu pickles me pink like a summer wildflower caressing the cheek of a jolly schoogirl.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by wishyjr
    what is the basic plot for read or die? ive sen some trailers for it but it doesnt really give the viewer an idea of what the plot is about. cheers.
    A little into the future from now. A few years after the army`s "Human Selection Campaign".

In a street somewhere in Hong Kong, there was a detective office. The name of it was "The Three Sisters Detective Company". The 3 beautitful sisters there were working day and night to settle an incident regarding a book. The girls` names are Anita, Maggy and Michelle.

The oldest sister Michelle who likes all kinds of books, Maggie and even the youngest sister Anita who doesn`t like adult books, in truth possesses the special power of a "paper user".

Using and not using their powers, what will happen to the cases they get?
    As for recommendations, i'm a masamune shirow fan so i'd say anything by him. Something like appleseed, dominion tank police, black magic m-66, orion, ghost in the shell (obviously ) etc.
    Arrg. This is how vast the anime world is. I wouldn't think of recommending any of those (maaaybe gits). Specially not for a first timer / beginner . Heh.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by bored2k
    Arrg. This is how vast the anime world is. I wouldn't think of recommending any of those (maaaybe gits). Specially not for a first timer / beginner . Heh.
    aw well -i would. tuff tit! i would agree with you on cowboy bebop though, great for a newcomer. but im just a sci-fi typa guy. lol
    Ubuntu pickles me pink like a summer wildflower caressing the cheek of a jolly schoogirl.

Beans
    Distro

ok since i kinda killed the conversation, heres one...

since its christmas, tokyo godfathers. seen it? what do you guys make of it, personally i liked it. Also what other xmas themed anime are there out there? thoughts ladies n gentlemen?

Beans
    Hidden!

ok since i kinda killed the conversation, heres one...

since its christmas, tokyo godfathers. seen it? what do you guys make of it, personally i liked it. Also what other xmas themed anime are there out there? thoughts ladies n gentlemen?
    Love Hina Christmas Special is an absolutely beautiful anime, even if you haven't watched the series at all (you just need to know who has a crush on who, something you figure out pretty quickly anyway). Note: this special doesn't have half a drop of ecchi and it almost has no comedy in it. It's just a great drama/romance. One of the best if not the best episodes I've seen of this genre ever. Yes, I really liked it.

As of Tokyo Godfathers, no, I haven't seen it. Is it that good? I didn't even know it was based on Christmas.

Beans

Alright thats it!! I'm gonna watch one piece. I was reading the manga and its really really good .

I would see blood the last vampire but I cant seem to get a fansub torrent... can anyone point in the right direction.

Page 153 of 205 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast