Thread: Free games that just worked under wine for you

Beans

Free games that just worked under wine for you

I'm not really a big gamer but every onces in a while ill find some little free game play it for an hour or so get board and then leave it. What I do find is that most of these little free games work perfectly for me under wine.

The last game I played was scorched3d. What free games have you found that worked perfectly under wine?
    Edward A Robinson -- www.earobinson.org

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Free games that just worked under wine for you

Why were you playing sc.3d under wine? It's for Linux natively.
    Use your free OS to earn money: info

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Personally, I am a Mahjong fan. I had purchased this game from Game House a couple of years ago and it only worked on Windows. I do not know what they did, but when Feisty came about, I was able to put the game called "Mahjong Medley" (it has over 300 different layouts) on my Linux box using Wine. And that was the greatest feeling for me. Also able to play other Mahjong game sites using Wine..
    Just my 2 bits worth
    (Was)Windows Free At Last
    "May You Have A Safe Trip and A Successful Journey"
    Linux user #432153 Ubuntu user #8521

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I don't usually play much nowadays, but when I do, I play games on ScummVM. I just love those old lucas art adventure games.
    And then I play games on dosbox, e.g. little big adventure and much more

Then I have Quake 4 etc. on my desktop computer (I've started to use mostly my laptop, odd...). Used to play WoW, but decided to stop playing that for my own good
    "Software is like sex, it's better when it's free." ~Torvalds

Beans
    Hidden!

Grid Wars 2, a Geometry Wars clone, works flawlessly under WINE. There is a Linux port, but it's a much older version. The only problem is that it was taken down due to "IP violations", but you can still find it on Google.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Soldat worked pretty well under Wine. One of the best multiplayer games ever...

Also, the Windows version of Nestopia (IMHO, the best NES emulator out there) with some minor graphical glitches but it works!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dzrealkiller View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble mate but guild wars 2 is not out yet lol (june 20, 2009) Iv had a few games working perfect on wine like: Doom3, World of Warcraft and lineage2. i know your all on about FREE games but the above games listed are free from Demonoid you can download any game or movie song for free its an amazing download torrent site i never had any viruses or fake stuff from there as they have staff that works for them checking all the newly added content to check for viruses and fakes but remember no matter where you download stuff like free games or movies scan the folder for viruses before opening.

At Demonoid register and start downloading free theres nothing at all to pay but to download you will need a bittorrent i personaly use Utorrent but there are many you can use, Just search google.com or ask.com.

Happy Hunting.
    As he wrote, he meant Grid Wars, not Guild Wars
    Grid Wars is really cool, and hard as well.