Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A reason to boot into windows today...

Beans

Re: A reason to boot into windows today...

You can always use Terraserver and Mapquest if it still has it's satalight images.

Beans

Re: A reason to boot into windows today...

I talked to a Google guy at OSCON, they were demoing the latest 3D google map thing, honestly I was pretty indifferent about it. Wait, I thought it was lame, oh well, anyways, not really my point.

So I was talking to a Google guy and I was all like "Hey so whats the deal with _NO_ GNU/Linux apps, you serve Windows only, explain please." The first salesman was kinda non-tech savvy, which is strange, the things he said made no sense, really. Another Google guy stepped in and told me that Google had hired a team to port apps to GNU/Linux(i ASSume i386) and Mac. He said it seemed to him, strange that Google devs all used GNU/Linux and they coudnt run any of the Google programs. I asked him if they were going to port Desktop search when there was beagle, but he did not know specifics of programs.

So there you have it, straight from the horses mouth, filtered through me to you. Enjoy.
    Cheerful Ghost - build your game list, write about awesome games and share that with the world. join us!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123