Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [ubu-e]European Ubuntu Clan

Beans

Re: (true combat elite)[ubu-e]European Ubuntu Clan

As some of you are probably aware, UrbanTerror is a fast paced realistic action FPS being also ported form Q3 to ET.
    Along with some other aspects of the game, their website is being changed (preview here). We have to wait a couple more months for the final release, but it will kick ass for sure. The entire community is overwhelmed in excitement as it will also attract lots of new players form ET and other games because it's so dam fun to play

I will definitely play with you guys if you ever move to UrbanTerror

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer
    I played on this server last night with no probs at all Great game and a good server.

The only thing that annoyed me was in the middle of a game a vote was called to change the map, ok this is not a prob (in it's self) but in the space of one hour (I played for 5) server restart N times, can you not set it up to cycle through the maps after say 1 or 2 match?
    No the people that play on the server have to come to an agreement (using voting) themselves.

Still lookin for members?
    I love this game very cool.
    Members are always welcome!

Clan joining restrictions :
    1) you have to like ubuntu (you don't have to run it)
    2) you have to live in europe
    3) you have to have a good ping to our server

To join this clan:
    1) Post your "[ubu-e] in game" nick in this thread
    2) Post your irc nick in this thread
    3) add me and znh to IM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by X-fact0r
    As some of you are probably aware, UrbanTerror is a fast paced realistic action FPS being also ported form Q3 to ET.
    Along with some other aspects of the game, their website is being changed (preview here). We have to wait a couple more months for the final release, but it will kick ass for sure. The entire community is overwhelmed in excitement as it will also attract lots of new players form ET and other games because it's so dam fun to play

I will definitely play with you guys if you ever move to UrbanTerror
    From the startpost :
    We might consider playing urban terror ET with our clan too. In the future other games will also be played if enough people want it.
    I didn't know their website had changed (I check it out sometimes). I used to play urban terror a couple of years ago. I played during the summer in a dutch fun clan.

When will the ET beta release ? I'll definetely check urban terror for ET out. If our high hopes are satisfied [ubu-e]'s second game will be urban terror (znh agrees with me).

Do you want to join ubu-e and play tc:e with us for the meantime ?

Beans

I played on this server last night with no probs at all Great game and a good server.

The only thing that annoyed me was in the middle of a game a vote was called to change the map, ok this is not a prob (in it's self) but in the space of one hour (I played for 5) server restart N times, can you not set it up to cycle through the maps after say 1 or 2 match?

Still lookin for members?
    I love this game very cool.
    Heh gladd you like it, about the voting.. that's being done by other players.
    If everyone says 'OK, lets change the map by pressing F1' then the map would change.
    A mapcycle is a good idea, but with this the players decide what's on the server.

Members are always welcome!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

*idea in case urban teror rules*

I'd like to see us play urban teror maps in tc:e and vice versa.
    Maybe I can create a script to convert them. I need info on this. (I have never done anything with maps)

MappyH did you succeed in manual conversion ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Let's go to war!

No matches are on schedule yet. I need [ubu-e] member input on the Teams page first. http://www.katanoon.nl/ubu-e/teams.html Specifically when in general you can play matches. Also we need a name for our first team. Please respond in our thread!

For example the times best suited for me to play wars ::

monday evening between 17:00 and 20:30 UTC (can't use teamspeak after 20:30)
    tuesday evening between 17:00 and 20:30 UTC (can't use teamspeak after 20:30)
    saturday (except the evening)
    sunday evening between 17:00 and 20:30 UTC (can't use teamspeak after 20:30)
    Last edited by ubuntu_demon; July 14th, 2005 at 02:03 PM.

Beans

Hey guys,

I have been busy last few days, but I looked at GTKRadiant for mapping and set it up
    for TCE. Now from what I understand I would need the original Urban Terror Mod installed? When the new TCE update is released I will have go at mapping it.

Ok for teams we should set a day when all members are online and lock up the server for training. being in IRC before games will help share tactics and configs

Anytime for me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by MappyH
    Hey guys,

I have been busy last few days, but I looked at GTKRadiant for mapping and set it up
    for TCE. Now from what I understand I would need the original Urban Terror Mod installed? When the new TCE update is released I will have go at mapping it.
    Okay cool. If you can get it done and tell me how maybe I can create a script for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MappyH
    Ok for teams we should set a day when all members are online and lock up the server for training. being in IRC before games will help share tactics and configs

Anytime for me
    we already have a private server

Beans

You got me [ube -e] ichy
    You need the rest E-mail me.
    IRC -> EpHiLL
    ok Done !
    Last edited by rimmer; July 9th, 2005 at 11:12 AM. Reason: IRC Nick

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

You got me [ube -e] ichy
    You need the rest E-mail me.
    thnx for joining ! I'll update the site tomorrow (I'm not at home currently)

If you don't want to post your IM it's no problem. But please post your IRC nick.

Also please add me and znh to IM. Also

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast