Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learning to use Blender.....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Learning to use Blender.....

when using blender in ubuntu... how do you use any shortcuts which require the middle mouse button? ive done animation in other software on windows, but i switched to ubuntu maybe a month or 2 ago and only decided now that i was going to learn blenders interface. but thats the problem, many hotkeys require the middle mouse button do they not? how do you guys work without it/get around it/know a fix?

btw maruchan you have some nice renders

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Just the middle button makes it to turn around the center point.
    But Ctrl+middle pressed zooms in and aout.
    Shift+Middle- Grabs the view and allows you to maneuver on the model without changing the perspective. A lousy description and simple shortcuts but quite needed.
    Also I believe that shortcuts come to the user quite logically.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

haha oops. yeah i know what the hotkeys are, but my middle mouse button doesnt work... im googling everything trying to fix it but no luck so far. whatever ill figure it out, i guess it just works for everyone else.

also, the blender3d: noob to pro wiki is an awesome resource. thanks for the links everyone

Beans
    Hidden!

I suggest hopping over to CGSociety and checking our their forums. Post every thing you do in the WIP sections, hopefully people will come a long and give you some good advice - there is a lot of well educated people on there, without them I wouldn't be where I am now!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by ryankent View Post
    haha oops. yeah i know what the hotkeys are, but my middle mouse button doesnt work... im googling everything trying to fix it but no luck so far. whatever ill figure it out, i guess it just works for everyone else.

also, the blender3d: noob to pro wiki is an awesome resource. thanks for the links everyone
    Ever thought that your vermin might be dead Just an idea. My mouse is starting to show some signs of ware. And as a backup there is always the two buttons combined way to simulate the middle button. But other than that I am useless .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

haha yeah. thanks though . ubuntu still beat the crap out of my windows box. does anyone have some nice animation i could see made with blender?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Beans

If you have any specific interface questions, feel free to ask.

I'm a working pro, using Blender for all sorts of things.

I highly recommend the book "Introducing Character Animation With Blender" by Tony Mullen (who is a regular over at blenderartists forum)
    http://www.amazon.com/Introducing-Ch.../dp/0470102608

Even if you're not interested in animation, it gives you an explanation of the interface.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12