Thread: Enemy Territory AMD64 crash

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Enemy Territory AMD64 crash

Hey guys,

After a day of searching, I've run into a problem that I can't seem to find the fix for. Today I installed ET on my Feisty AMD64 install, with no problems but sound. I was able to finally get sound working, but now the problem is connectings/downloading maps from servers.

I run et from terminal running the old 'et' command, but when I click to join a server, on the right hand-side of the screen I see that it wants to download the maps, but it just hangs there. ET then completely freezes to the point where I have to Ctrl + Alt + backspace to get out of it. Ontop of that, it messes up my internet connection, after I restart X, my internet connection dies, and I have to restart my computer for the internet to get back up and running.

I'm not sure what is going on here, all I know if that the game is installed in /usr/local/games/enemy-territory, so it might have to do with permissions, but running it in sudo doesn't do anything much either, just freezes up quicker.

Anyhelp would be greatly appriciated, thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Enemy Territory AMD64 crash

Sorry, I cant help with your problem. But I'm woundering how you got sound working
    My cross-platform python modules for PVA or population simulation https://code.google.com/p/nobones/, written in Ubuntu!