Thread: Hoo boy...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Hoo boy...

Howdy, fellas,

First off, I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the meeting last night - the combination of being worn out from my last crazy day in Arizona and the fact that it was Mother's Day hampered my ability to attend.

Second, and more importantly, I find myself in an interesting situation. When I left Tucson, I had to give my friend back the computer he was loaning me that I had Ubuntu on. Not a big deal, because I had my top of the line notebook waiting for me in California. Well, it turns out that since ATI has some of the worst support for OSS I've ever seen, X won't even start on my machine. I'm trying to find a way to correct this issue, but it looks like I may be stuck using Windows until I go pick up a cheapy notebook I throw Ubuntu on. But don't think that means I won't be active. I'm in the process of setting this computer back up right now, so I'll be back on IRC shortly and participating as usual.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Hoo boy...

ifs a brand new ati card... i can imagine it not working very well. Are you sure that x wont start up at all? not even using the mesa drivers or whatever the default ones are?
    Jabber: markgrandi[at]gmail.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Todd,

No problem guy! Hope you get it all straightened out, we know you'll be talking to us often on the irc channel.

Have a great summer!

John
    Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth!
    ArizonaTeam Wiki | Arizona Launchpad | Membership
    |
    IRC Channel: #ubuntu-us-az
    Server: irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Whats video card do you have, ATI what?