Thread: new to ubuntu, can't get wireless working

Beans

new to ubuntu, can't get wireless working

i'm in bucks county, pa. i just decided to give windows the boot, and try ubuntu. i'm having a terrible time trying to get my broadcom wireless card to work on my laptop. i've been following all of the directions in a ton of threads & i still can't get it to work. i've tried ndiswrapper (i think i keep doing something wrong) and fwcutter (doesn't work). please help me! i've put alot of wasted hours into this & i'm getting no where.
    Last edited by tchase; May 14th, 2007 at 01:00 PM.

Beans

Re: new to ubuntu, can't get wireless working

Hey welcome to Ubuntu. first off, you're much better off posting this on the Absolute Beginner forum, this is more of an organizational forum. You'll get 1000 replies of people trying to help on the beginners forum. We're happy to help you, but just sending you there is the first step. When you post there you will want to let people know exactly which broadcom card you have, to find this out open up a terminal (applications >> accessories >> terminal) and type
    Code:
    lspci
    look for the broadcom card entry and post that in your post on the beginners forum. Hope that helps, I'll head over there now and look for your post.