Thread: Dreamhost WebHosting Promo Codes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Dreamhost WebHosting Promo Codes

Greetings All,

In an effort to encourage people to create blogs and online resources for themselves, I have created a couple of promo codes for DreamHost where I'm currently getting my hosting services from. I've been happy with them so far and want to share the beneifits. So the two promo codes you can chose from are:

MDUbuntu - This code will give you $97 off any L1-L4 1 year or 2 year package or it will give you monthly service for $9.90.

UbuntuMD - This code will give you 1 additional "free lifetime domain registration". Additionally it will give you $80 off any L1-L4 1 year or 2 year package or it will give you monthly service for $9.90.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

Chuck Frain

** Dreamhost is not endorsing or sponsoring the MD Ubuntu team.

Beans

Re: Dreamhost WebHosting Promo Codes

I've been with Dreamhost for a couple of years now, and I love em. In addition to being inexpensive, they provide excellent service, including a lot of really easy to handle installs if you need things like a gallery, Wordpress, Joombla, etc.

Their new account management interface is not as good as the old one in my opinion, but it does let you do virtually anything you reasonably want within your account, including adding additional host names, domain names, email addresses, forwarding, etc.

and, they will put external ip addresses in your hostname file, which can be very slick. I'm on a comcast line with my Kubuntu/Ubuntustudio box, and I put the IP address of the box in their table, and set up a cron job to update it (They have instructions for this) and run it every hour, just in case the IP address changes. Now I can ssh into my box from anywhere in the world using a host name, rather than an IP address, which is pretty convenient.

I give many Kudos to Dreamhost, they are friendly, responsive, and inexpensive for what you get.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Dreamhost WebHosting Promo Codes

I didn't realize that there was a feature to do a dynamic IP from within Dreamhost. I've been using DynDNS' free service for that for a while. The only thing I really finding myself connecting into my home network for is my Mythbox when I forget to record something.