View Poll Results: Does Joost run?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, everything works (even if it's slow).

49 30.25%
  • No, video doesn't work.

16 9.88%
  • No, sound doesn't work.

14 8.64%
  • No, fonts don't work.

3 1.85%
  • No, Something else doesn't work (pleas post)

18 11.11%
  • No, nothing works.

69 42.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Joost (with sound)

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Joost (with sound)

Excellent post!

Can I please have an invitation too?

Thanks a lot!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Oh yea! Finally. Thank you so much. Someone should seriously buy you a case of your favorite beverage for this.

It is working on my desktop, flawlessly.

Beans

Exclamation Re: HOWTO: Joost (with sound)

OK, It really works. I followed all the steps and got Joost up and running.
    There's only one problem: after running it on the command line, I can see the initial screen, and the 'Connecting' screen as well, but when the sound starts, the screen goes black forever. I'm sure that it's connected because I can hear the sound of the main Joost channel, the Joost Suggest.
    I tought this problem was related with beryl, then I disabled it and ran metacity by hand, but I got the same problem.
    Some times, after connecting, I can see the menus, but after few seconds it totally disappear and the screen goes black.
    Any ideas?

Beans
    Hidden!

It works!

I have only 2 problems:

1- The sound/video it's a bit crappy, faltering.
    2- Mi personal info isn't stored so I have to enter my name and age over and over again when I start Joost.

Beans

Almost worked. Joost was telling me it couldn't detect the soundcard, so I tried a few others. EsounD Driver worked the best. But Joost still crashes with this....

fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacementW flags 0x00000008 ignored
    fixme:font:GetCharacterPlacementW flags 0x00000132 ignored
    *********************************WARN_ONCE******** *************************
    File r300_render.c function r300Fallback line 424
    Software fallback:ctx->Multisample.Enabled
    ************************************************** *************************
    *********************************WARN_ONCE******** *************************
    File radeon_vtxfmt_a.c function r300MapBuffer line 708
    Unknown access type
    ************************************************** *************************

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by alef13 View Post
    OK, It really works. I followed all the steps and got Joost up and running.
    There's only one problem: after running it on the command line, I can see the initial screen, and the 'Connecting' screen as well, but when the sound starts, the screen goes black forever. I'm sure that it's connected because I can hear the sound of the main Joost channel, the Joost Suggest.
    I tought this problem was related with beryl, then I disabled it and ran metacity by hand, but I got the same problem.
    Some times, after connecting, I can see the menus, but after few seconds it totally disappear and the screen goes black.
    Any ideas?
    This is exactly the problem I have running it that I mentioned above. Not sure what the problem is.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

wine 0.9.37 source just came out today. Will your directions (and patch files) work for the new version as well?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I don't know if it'll work with 0.9.37. I'll try it tonight, and see if it works. (I'll update the tut if it does.)

EDIT:
    Ok, after getting on back into Ubuntu (I needed to work with Visual Studio) I found out it's not in the repository yet. It probably will be soon, so I'm testing it now.

ONE MORE TIME:
    If you use 0.9.37, DO NOT apply patch1.patch. It won't work (looks like they've added patch to 0.9.37 already). I have yet to find out how this will affect joost (compiling right now), but otherwise it seems the same.
    Last edited by mikewitt; May 12th, 2007 at 04:55 AM. Reason: update on progress, no need for new post.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Well, I've gone through everything but the last step. I now need to get my hands on a joost invite so I can download it. Could anyone send me one (mrcheatr[at]gmail.com)

And is there any way to unapply a patch since patch 1 doesn't work with .9.37?
    Be sure to check out the Community Ubuntu Documentation and the Ubuntu Team Wiki.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

It works with 0.9.37. When that is put in the repository I'll update the instructions. The only difference is that you don't apply patch1.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast