Thread: HowTo LimeWiRe in UbunTu

Beans

Wink HowTo LimeWiRe in UbunTu

as i was windows user ( long time ago...)suddenly i wonder is there any way to use Limewire in ubuntu...so i decided to check it in official website.....but there is only contains Limewire in RPM package.....so this is howto basically howto convert limewire RPM package to deb package..this works with gutsy (development ) and previous versions ...

firstly download Limewire from official website or any wbsite.....like

stable version

or

development version

then just install alien

sudo apt-get install alien
    save limewire in one folder...let say it is ' limewire ' folder (name )...in home

then just

sudo alien
    copy than rpm package paste it to terminal....

cd
    copy that folder then paste it after that...(actually this is just change directory . . .easier than if you try to type the folder name,and save time with just copy that folder and paste it...

sudo dpkg -i *.deb

then
    sudo gedit /usr/bin/limewire
    you may see like

#!/bin/bash
    cd /usr/lib/LimeWire
    sh ./runLime.sh
    change it to become

#!/bin/bash
    cd /usr/lib/LimeWire
    bash ./runLime.sh
    ok then save...exit....you should can use your limewire right now....

EDIT:actually i just realized that you can even download limewirein deb package at its official website......
    Last edited by AlexenderReez; May 8th, 2007 at 09:23 PM.
    もう誰かのためじゃなくて 自分のために笑っていいよ
    ~ Please do mark as resolved thread if your problem is solved,thanks~

Beans

Re: HowTo LimeWiRe in UbunTu

Quote Originally Posted by reez0105 View Post
    as i was windows user ( long time ago...)suddenly i wonder is there any way to use Limewire in ubuntu...so i decided to check it in official website.....but there is only contains Limewire in RPM package.....so this is howto basically howto convert limewire RPM package to deb package..this works with gutsy (development ) and previous versions ...

firstly download Limewire from official website or any wbsite.....like

stable version

or

development version

then just install alien

save limewire in one folder...let say it is ' limewire ' folder (name )...in home

then just

copy than rpm package paste it to terminal....

copy that folder then paste it after that...(actually this is just change directory . . .easier than if you try to type the folder name,and save time with just copy that folder and paste it...

then

you may see like

change it to become

ok then save...exit....you should can use your limewire right now....

EDIT:actually i just realized that you can even download limewirein deb package at its official website......
    Why use LimeWire when you can get more speed by using the clone FrostWire with Ubuntu package on their website? Duh ;D

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: HowTo LimeWiRe in UbunTu

Limewire was originally made for linux...it's been around for years so I don't know how you needed to do all that conversion but I agree that you should use FrostWire...it's much better