Thread: My first cinepaint painting!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

My first cinepaint painting!

Finally an app that does the job... a very rouge painting of something, a tree on a finger ? I did this in 5-10 min with my Wacom I3 tablet. Sorry for the quality, but I had to take a screenshot of that in cinepaint and paste it in krita, so then again to save it.. ( hmm, weird I cant save files in cinepaint, comes errors and stuff)..

http://work.digital-brush.org/First_cinepaint.png

What do you think ?
    Remember to read my blog: click here !

"This is the greatest and best signature in the world"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: My first cinepaint painting!

It looks like something strate from a children's storry book. Very cool! I have been wanting to try this program for a while now. I have not used anything like it in the past. How user friendly is it? Any advice?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by lyceum View Post
    It looks like something strate from a children's storry book. Very cool! I have been wanting to try this program for a while now. I have not used anything like it in the past. How user friendly is it? Any advice?

Hehe, thank you.. cinepaint is a very good app for painting... advice ? well, use noise sometime on the brushes If you have a wacom, you must enable that in cinepaint ( File > Preferences > And that button to the right -> then enable eraser to screen, the same with cursor and stylus to enable pen pressure stuff and so on )

Cinepaint, and other painter programs are useless without a wacom tablet AND, I recommend you krita over gimp, cause of better wacom support.. and I recommend you MyPaint as an experimental painter program ( its a fun painter program, but it miss simple features like layers and undo )

To get your wacom tablet to work, follow it howto: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=25151 !

The wacom works in: Inkscape, MyPaint, krita, gimp and cinepaint etc... But like I said, krita is better than gimp when it comes to brush and wacom etc

EDIT: Very usefriendly! (only that it looks ugly cause of GTK1, but it works very fast !)
    Last edited by drfalkor; May 9th, 2007 at 03:20 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by drfalkor View Post
    Hehe, thank you.. cinepaint is a very good app for painting... advice ? well, use noise sometime on the brushes If you have a wacom, you must enable that in cinepaint ( File > Preferences > And that button to the right -> then enable eraser to screen, the same with cursor and stylus to enable pen pressure stuff and so on )

Cinepaint, and other painter programs are useless without a wacom tablet AND, I recommend you krita over gimp, cause of better wacom support.. and I recommend you MyPaint as an experimental painter program ( its a fun painter program, but it miss simple features like layers and undo )

To get your wacom tablet to work, follow it howto: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=25151 !

The wacom works in: Inkscape, MyPaint, krita, gimp and cinepaint etc... But like I said, krita is better than gimp when it comes to brush and wacom etc

EDIT: Very usefriendly! (only that it looks ugly cause of GTK1, but it works very fast !)
    Thanks, that is a lot of usful info! I have been messing around in GIMP and I have a Wacom tablet, but I have not been using it. I am going to have to set it up today and play around.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by lyceum View Post
    Thanks, that is a lot of usful info! I have been messing around in GIMP and I have a Wacom tablet, but I have not been using it. I am going to have to set it up today and play around.

I am very happy that you are coming back to painting ;P !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by drfalkor View Post
    Hi again, tested cinepaint yet ? and what do you think of that app ?
    I finally got a chance to check out Cinipaint. It is a lot of fun! It looks kind of old though. I painted my first pic, but it did not save right. I was going to post it. I have to say though, I have not used my Wacom tablet on Ubuntu yet. I was really dreading it as I hated using it on Windows. But after installing it (thanks for the link) the thing worked better on Ubuntu than it ever did on Windows! I really enjoyed using it. After finding out that I lost the pic I went to GIMP and played around. I am really excited to use the pen now. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

No problem, but remember to enable the wacom in the gimp

EDIT: And in cinepaint and krita

Beans
    Hidden!

I like it very much! Hope to see more paintings of you..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by foresth View Post
    I like it very much! Hope to see more paintings of you..
    hehe, thank you very much