Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kool-Aid fiasco

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The Kool-Aid fiasco

So earlier today, we finished out the pitcher of kool-aid, and made another. When we got home from watching Sin City (fantastic, by the way), we went to the kitchen for some kool-aid. Upon pouring the glass of kool-aid, we realized it was very clear. I thought that maybe I didn't shake it well enough, and that since it was sitting there for hours, it had just kinda solidified in the bottom. We tried stirring it, but it was too clumpy to mix. So we poured that out and cleaned the pitcher, and started a new one. I shook it thoroughly. Very thoroughly. But when I poured it, it was close to clear again. This time stirring DID work, since it hadn't had a chance to get too clumpy. But what the heck could have caused this? The sugar hadn't gotten clumpy or anything. The kool-aid powder seemed perfectly fine. The water doesn't appear to be any different, and tastes just like SW-VA tap water should. So what's the deal? Maybe it's the Spring Equinox, and the force of gravity is higher? If you can stand an egg up on it's end on the Equinox, maybe it could have some effect on the kool aid not wanting to mix? No. Upon some Googling, I found that the equinox was 14 days ago. So how did this happen?

Does anyone know what could have caused this? Maybe some Physics majors or something out there?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: The Kool-Aid fiasco

Where do you live? How far above sea level? I ask because the acceleration of objects due to gravity (g) varies depending on how far apart the two objects in question (in this case, the lump of Kool-Aid and the center of the Earth) are.

Of course, that shouldn't matter because I presume mixing Kool-Aid worked before where you live. I just wanted to say something geeky involving physics.
    $ whatis themeaningoflife
    themeaningoflife: not found

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by panickedthumb
    So earlier today, we finished out the pitcher of kool-aid, and made another. When we got home from watching Sin City (fantastic, by the way), we went to the kitchen for some kool-aid. Upon pouring the glass of kool-aid, we realized it was very clear. I thought that maybe I didn't shake it well enough, and that since it was sitting there for hours, it had just kinda solidified in the bottom. We tried stirring it, but it was too clumpy to mix. So we poured that out and cleaned the pitcher, and started a new one. I shook it thoroughly. Very thoroughly. But when I poured it, it was close to clear again. This time stirring DID work, since it hadn't had a chance to get too clumpy. But what the heck could have caused this? The sugar hadn't gotten clumpy or anything. The kool-aid powder seemed perfectly fine. The water doesn't appear to be any different, and tastes just like SW-VA tap water should. So what's the deal? Maybe it's the Spring Equinox, and the force of gravity is higher? If you can stand an egg up on it's end on the Equinox, maybe it could have some effect on the kool aid not wanting to mix? No. Upon some Googling, I found that the equinox was 14 days ago. So how did this happen?

Does anyone know what could have caused this? Maybe some Physics majors or something out there?
    Fascinating.....there are a lot of factors that may contribute to the phenomena you have experienced.

But first, please clear up one thing for me.

What the hell is Kool-Aid?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I guess it isn't sold in the UK. It's a powdered drink mix. One packet of powder and some sugar can flavor two liters of water.
    $ whatis themeaningoflife
    themeaningoflife: not found

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Yes, kool-aid worked before today. We've been doing it the same way for the close to 9 months we've been living here. It's freakin' bizarre.

But if it helps, I live in the New River Valley, Virginia. Closer to sea level than most of the rest of southwest VA I'd assume, since we're in a valley.

If you live somewhere that kool-aid isn't sold, you need to import some. It's the elixir of the gods, I tell you.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by HungSquirrel
    I guess it isn't sold in the UK. It's a powdered drink mix. One packet of powder and some sugar can flavor two liters of water.
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

The kool-aid faq: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/food/kool-aid-faq/

Did you use warm water or cold?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

We forgot to mention what the kool-aid man is famous for: in every commercial the kool-aid man (as shown above on the container) would smash through a wall and in a deep voice yell "OH YEAH!!". This was usually in the course of saving some poor children from thirst, if I recall.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Wow, comprehensive FAQ.

We used "cool" water I guess, straight out of the cold tap, not the hot tap. It's what we always have used, and what I used for as long as I've been making KoolAid (since as long as I can remember I've been addicted to the stuff.. so... about 20 years or so, I've been doing this the same way, even using the same pitcher).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by reddeathdrinker
    But first, please clear up one thing for me.

What the hell is Kool-Aid?
    WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I guess it would sound freaky to anyone not used to this stuff...

It's awesome though, and I swear every child in North America has been raised on Kool-Aid for at least two generations now.
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast