Thread: What can Windows do that Linux can't?

Threaded View

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Re: What can Windows do that Linux can't?

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoundguy View Post
    Operative word ... "ALMOST" ... there are PLUG INS that will only work with Photo Shop (such as the Tiffen Filter program or Nikon Picture Project or Adobe Lightroom). But for the average point and shoot photographer, YES .. GIMP and Inkscape are MORE than enough.
    Most people don't use PhotoShop anyway, you have people who use it thinking that the whole universe revolves around them so the fact that PS doesn't work on Linux seems to be a big deal, it is not.

PhotoShop is not a common software by any account. For many who do use it they use may be < 10% of the functions and most likely from unlicensed source (I don't use the word "pirated", there is no moral equivalence to killing people at high sea while robbing them) Who would pay $700 usd for something like that unless it is needed for professional work?

I am actually happy that PS is not available in Linux so that free Softwares like Gimp would have a chance to develop and mature, otherwise many people would be using unlicensed copies of PS and this would hurt FOSS development.
    Last edited by beew; July 2nd, 2011 at 09:50 PM.