Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: See video with NHJ, Ltd Che-ez! Snap / iClick Tiny VGA Digital Camera

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Re: HOWTO: See video with NHJ, Ltd Che-ez! Snap / iClick Tiny VGA Digital Camera

Thanks for the HOWTO, it helped!
    The only thing that didn't work was camorama, when I used the -M option nothing showed up, just a black window.

I tried using moTV and it worked!

Thanks again!

Beans

Re: HOWTO: See video with NHJ, Ltd Che-ez! Snap / iClick Tiny VGA Digital Camera

I have a Tek2go Mini Digital Camera and in Sidux it works fine to download any pics, but i cant get to work as webcam. I even compiled SQCAM26 hoping it might be able to use, but no. Anyone can think how to change the driver to work this camera. Below is the output from lsusb. The underlined part is the camera:

lsusb
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 002 Device 004: ID 2770:905c NHJ, Ltd Che-Ez Snap SNAP-U/Digigr8/Soundstar TDC-35
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04b8:080c Seiko Epson Corp. ME100
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

Thanks in advance.

Beans

The best info I could find was this: http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=4015 .

Also, on this forum there are some more requests for that webcam. Sorry, it seems to me you're out of luck.

Beans

To record a movie with xawtv:

First, start xawtv. If the image is displaying ugly colors, close xawtv and restart it until you get a good display. My camera must be well illuminated to capture good colours. Sometimes it shows everything in a pink-gradient if it is under a shadow or on a badly illuminated room.

With the xawtv window on focus, press R and set these options:

Code:
    movie driver : Microsoft AVI (RIFF) format
    movie/images filename
      something.avi
    audio format : no sound
    sample rate  : 44100
    video format : JPEG (JFIF)
    frames/sec   : 12.0 fps
    frame size  : 384x288
    Note: The "frame size" is adjustable by resizing the video window. Keep in mind that this will only produce a zoomed-in/out image for what you see while recording. The final image will have a 320x240 resolution.

Then just click "start/stop recording". A file named "something.avi" will be placed on the directory from where you started xawtv or on your home directory if you started it from the Gnome menu.

You can now watch your own movies with Totem or mplayer! Yeepi!

I haven't tested this under Windows yet. If someone could tell me if this method creates Windows-viewable movies, I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by Pitxyoki; February 7th, 2008 at 01:26 AM.

Beans

Thanks for the writeup Pitxyoki, I was able to get the camera working on RHEL4. I have the same camera:
    ID 2770:9120 NHJ, Ltd Che-ez! Snap / iClick Tiny VGA Digital Camera
    I use motion for my webcam software, but streamer/xawtv works nicely too.

I wonder if it is possible to get 640x480 output from the webcam function? I can take photos at that resolution and grab them via gphoto2, but webcam only seems to do 320x240. I tried changing sq905.c to support 640x480 but only got garbled images. Maybe the hardware doesn't allow it (or, more likely, I didn't modify the code properly ) Any idea?

Beans

Thanks for the input.

Unfortunately, I think you are out of luck with other resolutions.
    At least under Windows, the webcam has only one resolution possible. The possibilities available there are just zoom-in/outs of that same resolution.

I believe this must be an hardware limitation.
    Last edited by Pitxyoki; February 7th, 2008 at 01:30 AM.

Beans

hmmm, oh well, you are probably right that it is a hardware limitation.

Beans

Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Beta - sqcam works. (kernel 2.6.24-12)

Ekiga - OK
    aMSN - OK
    Skype - Green lines in test (preview).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by Pitxyoki View Post
    I'm sorry I can't help you better, but I really have not much experience on any other distro/version of linux, but I can show you the output I get so you can see where there is something different:

Code:
    $ make
    make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build SUBDIRS=/home/luis/Downloads/Setups/Webcam/cvs/sqcam26 modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-28-686'
      CC [M]  /home/luis/Downloads/Setups/Webcam/cvs/sqcam26/sq905.o
    /home/luis/Downloads/Setups/Webcam/cvs/sqcam26/sq905.c: In function ‘sqcam_open’:
    /home/luis/Downloads/Setups/Webcam/cvs/sqcam26/sq905.c:908: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
    /home/luis/Downloads/Setups/Webcam/cvs/sqcam26/sq905.c: In function ‘read_frame’:
    /home/luis/Downloads/Setups/Webcam/cvs/sqcam26/sq905.c:1071: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
    /home/luis/Downloads/Setups/Webcam/cvs/sqcam26/sq905.c: In function ‘sqcam_mmap’:
    /home/luis/Downloads/Setups/Webcam/cvs/sqcam26/sq905.c:1162: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
      LD [M]  /home/luis/Downloads/Setups/Webcam/cvs/sqcam26/sqcam.o
      Building modules, stage 2.
      MODPOST
      CC      /home/luis/Downloads/Setups/Webcam/cvs/sqcam26/sqcam.mod.o
      LD [M]  /home/luis/Downloads/Setups/Webcam/cvs/sqcam26/sqcam.ko
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-28-686'
    $
    It seems that the error points at line 1228...
    Code:
    /home/tzi/sqcam26/sq905.c:1228: error: unknown field ‘owner’ specified in initializer
    /home/tzi/sqcam26/sq905.c:1228: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
    make[2]: *** [/home/tzi/sqcam26/sq905.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [_module_/home/tzi/sqcam26] Error 2
    I absolutely can't tell you what may be the problem there, as I do not have that much deep knowledge about the Linux kernel.
    This may be related to something(s?) that has(ve?) changed in the kernel and the modules may not be adapted to that, but I'm not sure... Anyway, in a few days (or weeks, depending on my work.. ) I'm going to try to check this on a Debian machine, which currently is running a 2.6.18 kernel.
    Please tell me if you can make it to work.

P.S.- Has anyone else been able to make this camera work?
    I had the same problem, but it's easily fixable. If you downloaded the files through cvs, then the line numbers have changed. There are two places where .owner exists in sq905.c, and both must be commented out. All done! ^.^

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GothPanda View Post
    I had the same problem, but it's easily fixable. If you downloaded the files through cvs, then the line numbers have changed. There are two places where .owner exists in sq905.c, and both must be commented out. All done! ^.^
    Please read the posts following that one. That issue has been solved and the solution is already in the HOWTO.
    Last edited by Pitxyoki; April 1st, 2008 at 07:47 PM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast