Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum Clean-up?

Beans

Re: Forum Clean-up?

How about stickys, for known solutions to common problems? - there must be something that can be done to make it better.

cheers,

chrisj303

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I feel we make well use of stickies. What would your suggest to improve the use of stickies in the forums.
    Mike: "The hardest questions in life are the ones worth answering"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I feel we make well use of stickies. What would your suggest to improve the use of stickies in the forums.

There are no stickies in the Apple-Intel section of these forums. Please note that it is this forum that i talking about specifically!

cheers,

chrisj303

Beans

If you want to make a sticky with all the common problems and structure it nicely etc. etc. then prod one of the mods and we'll stick it if we think it deserves it
    Every time you install Jaunty, a kitten........ wait sorry what year is this again?
    Please don't PM support questions, post a thread so that everyone can benefit
    Join us in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net

Beans

Basically we just want somewhere to stick posts according there subject.These in particular :

Installation

Multiboot/GRUB/LILO

Wi-Fi

Trackpad/Keyboard

PowerManagement

At the moment the Apple-Intel forums are a free for all, and it's really difficult to find the best, most recent info, fast. The amount of duplicate problem-posts is staggering, and i belive a direct result of not having any sort of catorgories within the forum.

I don't know how to create 'stickys' TBH, i didn't even think it was possible without being site/forum admin.

Thanks for listening guys, and please don't take what i'm saying as 'wingeing' - i honestly just want these forums to be better for everyone that uses them. They are without doubt the best source of info for Ubuntu-Apple-Intel users at the moment.

chrisj303
    Last edited by Chrisj303; May 13th, 2007 at 09:58 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisj303 View Post
    I don't know how to create 'stickys' TBH, i didn't even think it was possible without being site/forum admin.
    As a regular user, you cannot.

What Pricey was offering:
    - Write a thread to be stickied. Put all the links, organize things, write them up
    - Ring someone, admin or mod (I'd say admin, muahaha) , either with a PM or reporting your post, and ask it to be stickied
    - We'll read it and decide if it gets stickied
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12