Thread: AMSMath fonts in LaTeX

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

AMSMath fonts in LaTeX

I've been trying to use the "amsmath" package but I keep running into an error involving fonts. I think the package is correctly installed but when I try to compile my document I get the error:

Code:
    Font OMX/cmex/m/n/7=cmex7 not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found
    This is actually addressed in the documentation for the package but there they only say that I should try to get the fonts from wherever I got LaTeX, or otherwise I can download them from CTAN. I've downloaded the fonts from CTAN (they're available either as Metafont source files or in PostScript Type 1 format) but I have no idea what to do with them or where to put them.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas what I should do with these font files? I would be willing to just do a fresh tex install if I thought that would help. Any ideas? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: AMSMath fonts in LaTeX

This may be useful:

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html

Personally I would install texlive-full from the universe repo and get a full latex install which I believe has the fonts you need. The installation will set everything up for you......
    "Linux is evolution, not intelligent design." - Linus Torvalds

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: AMSMath fonts in LaTeX

Thanks, that definitely took care of the problem. Now I shouldn't ever be missing a package.