No, F-Spot is not that good. DigiKam is OK, but not great.
Does anyone else agree that great photo management software for linux does not exist? Something along the lines of google picasa would be excellent. (Yeah I know it can be run under wine, but I really would rather run a native program).
Things I would love to have in a linux photo management app.
- Quick image tagging. The paradigm of current apps is terrible in my opinion, as it is not scalable when there is a large variety of different tags. For example, I like to tag every person's name in a photo, where it was taken, and any other relevant keywords.
- Quick EXIF data viewing/editing.
- Indexing database for fast photo location with searches.
- Quick email feature with automatic resizing.
- Quick upload to web service.
- Organize by directory hierarchy, keywords, or date.
- Spectrum analysis on photos.
Maybe I am wrong, is there an app out there that will do all this?