Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: soulfu is coming

Beans

soulfu is coming

there was some mention on these boards some month ago about a new game in development (from the original developer of egoboo) called soulfu (http://www.aaronbishopgames.com/), it looks really great with a sort of snes zelda feel to the graphics (but 3d) and the videos are awesome. the game has now been released for windows, with the gnu/linux and mac versions soon to come (as the website states). if anyone was really anxious i'm sure they could give it a try in wine, but i'm sure the gnu/linux version will be out very soon

also ... the author was convinced to put egoboo under a gpl license, so who knows, maybe if we e-mail him and ask him politely he will consider the same for soulfu because it looks like a great game.

so keep an eye out on the site because soulfu is coming soon.

Beans

Re: soulfu is coming

Looks amazing, tried quickly to run it in wine but it crashed my pc and didn't went further.

Beans

On edgy here with the wine repository. Not in front of my machine so I can't check the wine version right now. It worked great in wine for me.

This game is best with a gamepad/joystick of some sort. There is a network portion that he hasn't released yet. It is supposedly done. This game could be lots of fun multiplayer.

Gotta say that I'm impressed, one person built and designed pretty much this whole game?! Nice job Aaron!

It will remind you of egoboo, but the game play seems much better. Sadly, all recent egoboo developement does not support linux at all. Even in wine I couldn't get it to work.

There is a #soulfu channel on freenode if anyone wants to chat about it
    Last edited by tuple; May 2nd, 2007 at 01:03 PM.

Beans

Hi, I finally got a working Soulfu ubuntu package running on my Eee PC 701 (eeeXubuntu). But the deb is too big (14MB) to attach here. What can I do?
    Last edited by udevil; January 20th, 2008 at 07:56 PM.

Beans

Here is the Ubuntu .deb package converted from the Suse RPM with alien. I've tested it and it works nicely. Have fun!

http://www.mediafire.com/?7dcm2fl9hgn

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

This is so cool - I've been running SoulFu under wine for a while, but the deb works better. Still don't have sound in this game for me! (Anyone?)

I don't know if he'll release it GPL, but I could ask him (brother-in-law). And yes, he's a one man show - I watched him do it! Amazing. And despite many conversations about the topic, I still can't wrap my head around how you actually *make* a video game...

If he's interested, can he make the deb available on his site?
    Registered Linux User #457788
    Richard: "Darren, everybody cries when they get stabbed. There's no shame in that." Slings & Arrows

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by udevil View Post
    Here is the Ubuntu .deb package converted from the Suse RPM with alien. I've tested it and it works nicely. Have fun!

http://www.mediafire.com/?7dcm2fl9hgn
    This game is great. Thanks for posting the .deb .

Beans

Thanks for the deb, I'll be sure to add the game to my site.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

how about some amd64 version for a change?

::.::
    Be Wise... Use Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Got it working with Ubuntu 64-bit with a little bit of hack.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast