Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current Microsoft employee "making the switch" to ubuntu

Beans

Re: Current Microsoft employee "making the switch" to ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by kragen View Post
    huh? So what?

Sorry, it just strikes me as a bit worrying that Microsoft employees aren't allowed to admit that installed Ubuntu without everyone in the open source community making a big deal of it. It's like a McDonalds employee admitting he bought a burger king - not a huge deal. Stop clutching at straws, it definitely doesn't mean that Microsoft employees have lost faith in their products.

In fact, I notice that on the blog now he's been forced to make a post in response to all the comments made by linux zealots on digg. Frankly I find that shocking - not particularly surprising, but still pretty shocking.

The one thing about open-source software that I'm starting to get really sick of is everyones little hate-war against Microsoft.
    I kinda agree with this to an extent. I often wonder why linux users are so obssessed with what Apple or MS do. Means nothing to me, I don't use their crappy products anymore. Hell, I don't even care what other linux distro's are upto. Why does it matter?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Current Microsoft employee "making the switch" to ubuntu

I admire his attempt in the first blog post to be a "free man" but he obviously got scared because his second post can be summed up as "I didn't mean anything bad, please don't fire me, pleeeeeease!".

It is very telling of M$ that it's employees feel soooo scared about speaking out that they have to go and put a pseudo-retraction in order to deflect any heat from the company (and probably continue to get paid).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12