Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu nude art

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ubuntu nude art

Hey, I just found the ubuntu-calendar package on Synaptic, and the desktops were so beautiful they made my head explode. Seriously, I really loved them and they really embodied the Ubuntu humanist philosophy in a way that abstract logos and designs, however pretty, can never match... it's heart-wrenching, for me, to know that these were drowned in a storm of controversy many years ago. Now that nudity is no longer Ubuntu's public face, relegated to the package manager instead of the default (a good idea), can we please bring these back? They were really really really really really really pretty, and had an innate respect for the human body that I found endearing and empowering. Does anyone know who was responsible for them at Ubuntu, and where I can send cookies to convince them to make more? (Pwease?)

Thanks very much! I love Ubuntu, this is the best OS ever.

(Oh, and please don't bother responding if you're going to say something immature, I just don't have the patience for it...)

Beans

Re: Ubuntu nude art

Last edited by total wormage; April 30th, 2007 at 11:03 AM.
    The Linux Counter Project #432059
    The Ubuntu Counter Project #8465
    In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming, yet he shall rise and his kingdom shall cover the Earth.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks for the links! By the way, I'm "Tina" on that Launchpad thread. Yeah, you can probably already tell.

Regarding the forum thread: wow, that's just about the stupidest thread I've ever seen in my life. I mean, thank you for bringing it to my attention. It's just... man! The discussion seems to be NEKKID GIRLZ!!!!!!! vs. OMG naked people. I actually want to bring the old wallpapers back because they were powerful and beautiful, not because I cannot stand any kind of Linux distro that does not include teh nakedzzzzz.

Now, in regards to the call for artists... how do I respond to that? I don't have a tablet, which makes me wanna cry, but I'm very adept with my trusty .5mm pencil and definately know my way around The GIMP. So, I'd love to be a part of any kind of core art team. Never trust an artist commenting on her own work, but I must say, I'm _da bomb._

Thanks!

Beans

oh, mm i didn't read the thread, it sounded good at the start
    i thought you might be someone on the launchpad report, but well you never know

about the art teams, ehm
    first of all you can join http://art.ubuntu.com/
    i don't know how much worth that is, as said in the article, the community based art influence in ubuntu has gotten frozen a bit, but dumping things on the net is always worth the try
    furthermore you could start your own gallery album in the previous ubuntuforums gallery, but now there is a new system i don't see that option anymore, maybe it will come again somewhere

and i can give you a wiki url, but i personally think this part of the wiki needs major cleanup
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork

joy, and last but not least, i would love to see some work you would like to contribute
    The Linux Counter Project #432059
    The Ubuntu Counter Project #8465
    In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming, yet he shall rise and his kingdom shall cover the Earth.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

If you want the images that came in the packages, they can be found here: http://hacktolive.org/wiki/Ubuntu_calendar
    Anti-virus software must be quite flawed; it never seems to find Windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

What, there'll be lots of nude pingiuns and jackalopes?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Those are pretty artistic, though I would feel Uncomfortable having them as a wallpaper. not all the people see through my eyes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Orlsend View Post
    Those are pretty artistic, though I would feel Uncomfortable having them as a wallpaper. not all the people see through my eyes.
    true, and I agree that such a walpaper would be in-aproiate in a work place but on a personal computer or laptop I dont see the problem. And the revival of the monthly calender wouldnt nessarly be all about nude art either, if I have read the conversation thus far correct, but again about the embodiment of the ubuntu mindset. We all come together and look what we've to show for our efforts. ta-da! lol I love the idea postd in the bug report about a comptition for best walpaper > gets pushed out to anyone using the walpaper addon. very involving.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Some reason we needed to dig up a 2 year old thread instead of making a new one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast