Thread: Civilization 4

Beans

Civilization 4

I'am wondering if Civilization 4 and its soon to be two expansions are going to be able to run in 7.04. Does anyone know?

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Re: Civilization 4

hopefully it will be supported by wine soon

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

I wish.

I think it's running in cedega but not in wine yet.

Beans

Man I would LOVE for wine to gain compatibility with Civ 4, it's one of the biggest reasons I'm still doing my gaming in windows. Unfortunately Cedega is not an option for me, as I do not have access to a credit card.
    "Steve Ballmer is one of the most clever & the most charismatic characters of Microsoft."

Then I'd hate to see what one of their real gimboid retards looks like.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=4036

finally got a silver rating in 0.9.35... aparently its playable now... gotta follow some certain directions to get it going, but at least its progress... cedega has claimed to run it for a while now... something to do with how cedega handles the copy protection vs. how wine does it up...

havent tried installing in v0.9.36 yet, but its on my list of things to do on my next day off work, along with getting dual monitors running the way i want them

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Figures that copy protection would be what's holding it back.

Beans

What frustrates the crap out of me is that they have ported it to the mac so there is obviously a working opengl version. Ok, they may not think there's anything in it for them to port to linux aswell, but if they had the opengl code running on windows instead of directx then I think it's very likely wine would be able to run it by now.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

It's running very nicely in Cedega. Patched up to the latest patches too. Apparantly, the addons work well too. It's the biggest time waster for me but I am grateful it works well on linux.

Beans

What version of cedega? The latest? I remember trying to run this in edgy however I couldnt get past the copy protection.

If cedega doesnt work, you think this game will be runnable under VMware? it doesnt seem that graphic intensive..

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

I had it running successfully with 5.2.9, 5.2.10 and 6. Out of the three, 6 works best. Haven't had any issues with copy protection. Did you select Civ 4 from the GDDB profile? It usually sets all properties for you.

Cedega has a forum which you might find interesting: http://transgaming.org/forum/viewtop...t=civilization

Also, check out their wiki node: http://cedegawiki.sweetleafstudios.c...ivilization_IV