Thread: Help With Ubuntuzilla

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Help With Ubuntuzilla

I Put In The right codes in the terminal, but this is what it says, it cant connect to download it then it says its exiting i dont know whats wrong

HELP

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Help With Ubuntuzilla

Instead of summarizing the output, can you copy and paste the exact error? Actually, just copy and paste everything you can from the terminal (the error and everything surrounding it).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by aysiu View Post
    Instead of summarizing the output, can you copy and paste the exact error? Actually, just copy and paste everything you can from the terminal (the error and everything surrounding it).
    I'm not sure if I'm stuck at the same point, but I've downloaded and run the script, which has downloaded the latest firefox - it's verifying the GPG signature that grinds everything to a halt.

This is what I've got:

20:48:30 (2.59 KB/s) - `firefox-2.0.0.3.tar.gz' saved [9651693/9651693]

The next step will verify the GPG signature for the Firefox archive to assure its integrity. This step is important for your security. However, if you have problems getting this to work right, you may choose 'no' and proceed to installation without signature verification. Do you want to verify the signature [y/n]?y

Downloading Firefox signature from the Mozilla site

--20:49:10-- http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...0.3.tar.gz.asc
    => `firefox-2.0.0.3.tar.gz.asc'
    Resolving ftp.mozilla.org... 63.245.208.138
    Connecting to ftp.mozilla.org|63.245.208.138|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
    Location: http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...0.3.tar.gz.asc [following]
    --20:49:17-- http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...0.3.tar.gz.asc
    => `firefox-2.0.0.3.tar.gz.asc'
    Resolving releases.mozilla.org... 130.239.18.158, 130.239.18.159, 64.50.236.214
    Connecting to releases.mozilla.org|130.239.18.158|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 186 [text/plain]

100%[====================================>] 186 --.--K/s

20:49:26 (16.13 MB/s) - `firefox-2.0.0.3.tar.gz.asc' saved [186/186]

Importing Mozilla Software Releases public key

Note that if you have never used gpg before on this system, and this is your first time running this script, there may be a delay of about a minute during the generation of a gpg keypair. This is normal and expected behavior.

gpg: requesting key 0E3606D9 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
    gpg: keyserver timed out
    gpg: keyserver receive failed: keyserver error
    Unable to retrieve Mozilla Software Releases Public key from subkeys.pgp.net. Trying again...
    gpg: requesting key 0E3606D9 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
    Unable to retrieve Mozilla Software Releases Public key from subkeys.pgp.net. Trying again...
    gpg: requesting key 0E3606D9 from hkp server pgpkeys.mit.edu
    Unable to retrieve Mozilla Software Releases Public key from pgpkeys.mit.edu. Trying again...
    gpg: requesting key 0E3606D9 from hkp server pgpkeys.mit.edu
    Unable to retrieve Mozilla Software Releases Public key from pgpkeys.mit.edu. Trying again...
    gpg: requesting key 0E3606D9 from hkp server pgp.mit.edu
    Unable to retrieve Mozilla Software Releases Public key from pgp.mit.edu. Trying again...
    gpg: requesting key 0E3606D9 from hkp server pgp.mit.edu
    Unable to retrieve Mozilla Software Releases Public key from pgp.mit.edu. Trying again...
    Failed to retrieve Mozilla Software Releases Public key from any of the listed keyservers. Please check your network connection, and try again later.
    How can I restart the verification process, or skip it altogether and get firefox 2.0 installed?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by pseudo_nz View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm stuck at the same point, but I've downloaded and run the script, which has downloaded the latest firefox - it's verifying the GPG signature that grinds everything to a halt.

This is what I've got:

How can I restart the verification process, or skip it altogether and get firefox 2.0 installed?
    well, you could
    1. try running the script again, and see if it retrieves the gpg key this time (the script is smart enough not to try downloading the firefox archive again, if it's already present), or
    2. say "no" when it asks you "would you like to verify the gpg signature (not recommended, unless the gpg key retrieval keeps failing even after multiple runs - which it shouldn't be doing...)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by nanotube View Post
    well, you could
    1. try running the script again, and see if it retrieves the gpg key this time (the script is smart enough not to try downloading the firefox archive again, if it's already present), or
    2. say "no" when it asks you "would you like to verify the gpg signature (not recommended, unless the gpg key retrieval keeps failing even after multiple runs - which it shouldn't be doing...)
    Thanks, I wasn't sure if starting again from scratch would mean another download or not. The gpg verification didn't work the second time either, but I installed it anyway, on the assumption that if it was vital, I wouldn't be given the option to skip it, lol.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by pseudo_nz View Post
    Thanks, I wasn't sure if starting again from scratch would mean another download or not. The gpg verification didn't work the second time either, but I installed it anyway, on the assumption that if it was vital, I wouldn't be given the option to skip it, lol.
    well, i'm glad it worked out for you. but it is mighty strange that you weren't able to retrieve the key. i just tried again myself, and had no problems - maybe it's some kind of a network problem specific to your location...?
    well anyway, enjoy your software.