Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $4 Gasoline? Here we go again!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

Re: $4 Gasoline? Here we go again!

Is there much difference in price between petrol and diesel over there? They only differ here by a couple of pence per litre...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

There is a difference between diesel and gasoline, but it is more seasonal, since diesel and home fuel oil are actually the same (except for taxes) during the winter, diesel will get real close to the price of gasoline.

Years ago, diesel was quite a bit cheaper.

Just spoke to a client, from Australia he says about $5.50 (au) a gallon ...

Beans
    Hidden!

Greetings Connecticut team.. from a NY-loco team members
    howdy neighbors... our Gas prices are about on par with yours. So yea, it's that entire "peak oil" thing. read about it on Wikipedia.

This summer it'll be $4... next summer it'll be $5.50 the summer after that $7 the summer after that $13 the summer after that $21, then $30 then... then a recession as we adjust to alternative energy, and in 15 years we'll be right back where we are now and everything will be dandy.
    It's all about people

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

Is diesel advertised at the pumps as diesel or does it go by another name? Just thinking wth you guys calling it "gasoline" and us Brits, "petrol"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

It's "Diesel"
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

*sigh*

Time to get back to riding the bus part way to work/biking the rest of the way...I don't mind doing it, but it takes about an hour + to and from work
    · Compaq Presario 5630 PII, 400 Mhz, 384 MB RAM: Arch with XFCE 4.6, Antix, Debian w/LDXE
    · Dell Dimension 8200, P4 2.2Ghz, 1.5 Gig RAM, Ubuntu 10.10 and Windows 7 (vrtualbox)
    · Thinkpad R40, P4 M 2.0 Ghz, 1 Gig RAM, Ubuntu 10.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

Cheers! I drive a diesel, hence the question Don't know if I'll ever find myself drifting over the ocean like but, best to know the terminology if you do

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by garlik42 View Post
    Maybe we should start calling this group, the international ubuntu-connecticut loco!!

I am planning on getting a hybrid this summer, and I'm in process of converting my house to use solar energy. I'm tired of burning extinct rotted animals and plants!!
    Before you spend way too much money on a hybrid vehicle, do some research. Hybrids tend to be over priced. I read an article not too long ago that pointed out that the price you pay for the vehicle itself is more than paying for high dollar gasoline. The example it gave was that gas would have to be 14 dollars for 10 years for the cost difference to be justified. Look at http://www.40mpg.org and find some info there...
    I'd just hate to see someone pay 6 to 10 thousand dollars more because it's a hybrid and because of slick marketing that doesn't reveal the whole truth about hybrids. Buy a car that can get 40mpg and save!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

And I wanted to get a more powerful car....guess I am stuck with my lil Hyundai Accent for another year. My cat has more horse power, but I get awesome gas mileage

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Im a new driver and i can tell you there is no worse way to be welcomed into the world of driving

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast