Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Feisty Fawn Cd cover

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Feisty Fawn Cd cover

Really , Really Cool Work ! French_Photon !!
    Thanks !! I'll go get some sticky Labels and print 'em
    But I was wondering if there's any Front Cover Available for Xubuntu-7.04 !! Tried googling but No luck !!
    It would be lovely to have one of those 'Hand-in-Hand' + "Ubuntu"-ish Cover on front !!!
    Last edited by Frisky_Lamb; September 15th, 2007 at 07:43 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Thanks (I'd like to recall that it's not an original work).

Quote Originally Posted by Frisky_Lamb View Post
    But I was wondering if there's any Front Cover Available for Xubuntu-7.04 !! Tried googling but No luck !!
    By "front", you mean that you are looking for a cd case cover ?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Frisky_Lamb View Post
    Thanks !! I'll go get some sticky Labels and print 'em
    I'd highly recommend (again) that you don't do that. The glue from the labels can, over time, seep through the protective foil layer of the disc and affect the actual data layer. I've had this happen with many of my own discs; I put labels on them, then a couple years later went to rip them, and had all sorts of trouble.
    Last edited by Spike-X; September 16th, 2007 at 09:15 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I really like programd's artwork found here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/DVDCover

I have used the 64bit label:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Inco...elcd64enus.png

and here is the result:

DSC00022.JPG

Printed direct to printable cd using a Canon IP5300 printer, turbroprint driver. Simply opened the image in Ubuntus default image preview software and choosing "CD Printable" from the page setup menu option.
    Last edited by paradoxni; September 27th, 2007 at 07:54 PM.
    Thanks,

A

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I Love these. I really need someone to teach me how to do this. They look so professional. I would know where or how to start.

Beans
    Hidden!

Question Re: Feisty Fawn Cd cover

Quote Originally Posted by cchester View Post
    I Love these. I really need someone to teach me how to do this. They look so professional. I would know where or how to start.
    All that work was done using Gimp. This soft looks really hard to use, but it needs only some practice to get used to. Try to open an .xcf file, and feel free to modify and test.

Question to all people poking here : would it be nice to have a little website to put all those CD/DvD covers/cases ? (For hosting, we may use »Tuxfamily.org)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dfreer View Post
    Thanks french_Photon. I can host it on my webserver, it'll be up pretty much indefinitely. I can host any others as well if needed.
    http://www.dfreer.org/ubuntu/
    Quote Originally Posted by french_Photon View Post
    Question to all people poking here : would it be nice to have a little website to put all those CD/DvD covers/cases ? (For hosting, we may use »Tuxfamily.org)
    Does this mean you do not need me to host them anymore?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by dfreer View Post
    Does this mean you do not need me to host them anymore?
    I'm really glad for your help, but I was talking about a real more complex website, including Php and so on, managing covers automatically... But since at this time, nobody seems to be interested...

Then, (only in the case of this project became a reality !) if you are able to host a complete Php website for english and french covers, then we don't need Tuxfamily at all.

Don't worry, at this time, your server is still very useful, thanks, and it will be for the upcoming gutsy. ^^

(BTW, your site main page is completely down )
    Last edited by french_Photon; October 1st, 2007 at 06:37 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

All that work was done using Gimp. This soft looks really hard to use, but it needs only some practice to get used to. Try to open an .xcf file, and feel free to modify and test.

Thanks for the info and yes would love to see a site that offers labels and covers. Hopefully the site will be multilingual because I speak english not french.

Thanks.

Beans

I'm really glad for your help, but I was talking about a real more complex website, including Php and so on, managing covers automatically... But since at this time, nobody seems to be interested...

Then, (only in the case of this project became a reality !) if you are able to host a complete Php website for english and french covers, then we don't need Tuxfamily at all.

Don't worry, at this time, your server is still very useful, thanks, and it will be for the upcoming gutsy. ^^

(BTW, your site main page is completely down )
    My server runs PHP5 and MySQL, and you can continue using it as long as needed, simply as a mirror if needed. I don't have time to design a website for this myself (yep, see my main page for a clue lol), but if you make the pages I can put them up. virtual host name is also an option (if you want, say, http://cdcovers.dfreer.org instead of http://www.dfreer.org/ubuntu/).

EDIT: unless you want to simply use the template I already made, see http://packages.dfreer.org for a "somewhat" working example. Just an offer.
    Yeah, my main page has been down for quite awhile.
    Last edited by dfreer; October 1st, 2007 at 08:47 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast