Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Feisty Fawn Cd cover

Beans

Re: Feisty Fawn Cd cover

Quote Originally Posted by kyozo View Post
    Hi,

Great work, I have a printer that can print directly on printable cd's, but I can't find a suitable program to use in the repositories, anybody have any suggestions?

It would be kind of lame having to boot in Windows to print a label on my Ubuntu CD

Thanks

Kyozo
    Just ask GIMP and Gutenprint to do it. Works perfectly for me with an Epson Stylus Photo 900.

The other make that usually prints to CD is Canon, but you may need to investigate the commercial Turboprint driver (30euro I think) if you have one of those.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ciego View Post
    I used LightScribe for the Ubuntu disk (It works best if you turn the contrast up all the way) and it looks great.
    Is there a specific way you use LightScribe in Ubuntu or did you use Windows for LightScribe.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

I used LightScribe for the Ubuntu disk (It works best if you turn the contrast up all the way) and it looks great.
    How did you turn the contrast all the way up? Not in GNU\Linux I'm guessing?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

wow ,cool cover!!
    I really like it !!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by daradib View Post
    Is there a specific way you use LightScribe in Ubuntu or did you use Windows for LightScribe.
    I used Lacie Lightscribe Labeler in Ubuntu. I am not sure how it works now but I had to use Dapper (chroot) to get it to work. Perhaps it works in efisty but I am not entirely sure as I have not tried it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekstreme View Post
    How did you turn the contrast all the way up? Not in GNU\Linux I'm guessing?
    I opened the file in GIMP and then turned up the contrast. I then used Lacie as mentioned above and picked the best contrast option. The labels look pretty nice ... for lightscribe.

Beans

I used Lacie Lightscribe Labeler in Ubuntu. I am not sure how it works now but I had to use Dapper (chroot) to get it to work. Perhaps it works in efisty but I am not entirely sure as I have not tried it yet.

I opened the file in GIMP and then turned up the contrast. I then used Lacie as mentioned above and picked the best contrast option. The labels look pretty nice ... for lightscribe.
    4L: LaCie LightScribe Labeler for Linux:
    http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10803

See this on how to install Lighscribe Labeler in Ubuntu:
    http://doc.gwos.org/index.php/Lightscribe

You will basically download two RPMs from the LaCie site and use alien to make DEBs which you will install. Type 4L-gui to run the program. Unfortunately, I've heard that LaCie was working on making it work with Edgy; I don't know how it'll be with Feisty. If I ever try, I will tell you the results. I have Kubuntu Feisty with a LightScribe burner, but no LightScribe discs.

Beans

I have Feisty and my first attempt at using the LaCie Lightscribe Labeler worked. The printed image wasn't that dark.... but I'm going to blame myself for not making a high contrast image before printing the label. I'll try again and let you know.

Beans
    Hidden!

Great work!
    Maybe the transparent trademark text could be smaller, but it's a detail :].

Beans

Okay. I scanned the lightscribe disc and here are my results. I thought it turned out pretty good. I'm running Feisty and using the LaCie labeler. I printed on the disc a total of 3 times (I'm sure this can be avoided by using a higher contrasted image in the app)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Hi there.

I am totally new to Ubuntu as I have just downloaded Ubuntu Linux 6.06.1 off the net and will be installing it within the next few days, and then my experience will begin.

I have noticed that you have made several very nice labels, in particular the red and yellow Ubuntu Linux 5.04.

I was wondering would you be able to modify that label for me so as to read version 6.06.1?

If can see your way to do that I would mostly appreciate the effort. Also if it is more convenient for you, then you can email it to me as an attachment.

Next question. I have a labelling program into which I can import pictures and or labels to print, however I noticed that when I ran up your labels they are rather large, much larger than a CD label.

If the label is smaller than a CD, I can stretch them to fit, but I do not know how I would go with your large label.

Any suggestion there?

Final question, what is the difference between all the different spelling variations on Ubumtu, eg. Kubuntu and all the other "...buntu's".

Regards.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast