Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Call for testers! Thunderbird 2.0 installation script revision

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Call for testers! Thunderbird 2.0 installation script revision

Quote Originally Posted by shane2peru View Post
    That is a good point, because when I ran mine, I didn't run it from the desktop either. (for the install). I ran it from another folder. I don't really do work on my desktop. :)

Shane
    well, i just have the instructions say to put it on the desktop because i have to have some consistent place where people can put it and find it later. if you are comfortable running shell scripts, then you don't have to care where you put it. but for people who are going to be copy-pasting the command from the ubuntuzilla website, it comes in handy. :)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Call for testers! Thunderbird 2.0 installation script revision

Quote Originally Posted by nanotube View Post
    well, i just have the instructions say to put it on the desktop because i have to have some consistent place where people can put it and find it later. if you are comfortable running shell scripts, then you don't have to care where you put it. but for people who are going to be copy-pasting the command from the ubuntuzilla website, it comes in handy.
    Right, understood, sometimes the script may or could I guess in a remote case be location specific. I figured it was just for the easiness of running the commands at a copy paste level. Thanks again.

Shane

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234