Educate men without faith and you make them clever devils
    Educate men without Linux, then yeah, the opposite happens
    Let Chakra guide the way
    U.3F

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Psychocats Tutorials Updates

Another suggestion for you;
    After the first install of Ubuntu Dapper Drake, and now Kubuntu Feisty Fawn there is one big bug; if you copy/paste something it will only paste the first thing you copyed. This makes it hard to follow your guide. Installing a program(cant remember the name) would fix this, so perhaps you could add it as a tip?

Edit;
    And under your different tips you should add something to test if it worked. Example; if it has to do with nvidia drivers you should tell them to try the 3D screensavers to se if it works. So after "Enabling Extra Repositories" they could perhaps try to se if Synaptic finds a package that you name.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Oki; April 22nd, 2007 at 12:15 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Just wanted to thank you for the time and effort you have put into your site and tutorials. They helped me a lot when I first started with linux and Ubuntu, and I still use your site when I need some info on how to do certain things.
    Recommended Resources: Ubuntu Linux Resources

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

aysiu, you should sticky this for a bit. Or at least sticky the link to the tutorial itself.
    Since I get asked alot, I am originally from Ukraine but am Russian by nationality. My nick means specter in Russian.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Oki View Post
    Another suggestion for you;
    After the first install of Ubuntu Dapper Drake, and now Kubuntu Feisty Fawn there is one big bug; if you copy/paste something it will only paste the first thing you copyed. This makes it hard to follow your guide. Installing a program(cant remember the name) would fix this, so perhaps you could add it as a tip?
    I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. What do you mean by "the first thing you copied"? Can you give an example?

Beans
    Hidden!

Sure;
    Lets say the first thing I do is to go to your site and mark somthing(like a command), and right click and choose "copy"(so I could follow your guide). When I later right click and choose "paste" the command would turn up(in the terminal). But if I copy another command, or another word(or wathever), then only the first command would turn up. I belive this is a known bug(read it many times), and I find it strange that they have not fixed it yet(?). Even read it on the blogs from the developers...

If this was not cleared enough I can boot into Dapper Drake and tell you witch program I used to fix it.

Edit; program Klipper can fix this problem...
    Last edited by Oki; April 22nd, 2007 at 03:02 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I've never seen this problem before, actually. If people are having problems copying and pasting, I think they should ask for help and/or file a bug report.

I'm not going to put on every single tutorial page that people should install Klipper (especially when I don't have Klipper or Glipper installed and don't really have this problem).

I'm still not 100% sure I know what you're talking about. Are you saying you'd copy a command like
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    and paste that in the terminal and it'd work fine? Then you'd try to copy and paste
    Code:
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    but instead of dist-upgrade appearing, it'd paste update again?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

I have a complaint. Your avatar doesn't look very psycho.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by B0rsuk View Post
    Looks can be deceiving. I assure you it's quite psycho.

I just figure that the cat must be related to the "nice" rabbits in 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail.'
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast