Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Illinois & Chicago Shoutouts

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Illinois & Chicago Shoutouts

My name is Bryan, and I have just moved into Chicago's South Loop. My father is from here and I'm glad to finally live where I've wanted to all my life. Done lots of LoCo work, hope to do some for IL.
    US Army Band Veteran
    Bodybuilding Crew

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by BslBryan View Post
    My name is Bryan, and I have just moved into Chicago's South Loop. My father is from here and I'm glad to finally live where I've wanted to all my life. Done lots of LoCo work, hope to do some for IL.
    welcome we have been in the loco for a cpl of months and we have found out there is alot of good people in here - were mainly on the irc stop by sometime --#ubuntu-chicago
    We specialize is custom work for all sports teams and any special event. we also do work for business store fronts as well as auto decals www.hometown-graphics.com http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/v...hicago%20LoCo/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi!

KegHead here in Mad Co---downstate

Greeting!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

hello to everyone that I'm new here so I'm good at last I have Illinios expenrecia in kde or gnome and debian both in my native language Spanish installation has fascinated me since the version ubuntu Karmic you could say my groin English is not good if you could but I understand that most documentation is in ubuntu try to translate the best possible for my blog is happy to participate here am fond eye so I am not a college student: DI hope I can help somewhat greetings

Beans

Hi, I'm Michael.
    I'm a student from Sweden who's spending my time in Chicago (South Barrington) during the summers & winters working at an IT firm. I might consider spending a year going to university here as well. I'm totally in-love with the city and the people around me in Chicago.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hello, I'm William (bike-bill), a long time Ubuntu enthusiast. For my career, I am a web developer with lots of Java, Rails, Django, etc. I'm looking for a fun project or just to help in general.

Beans

Hey guys!

I'm Dakota, from the northern chicago burbs and I've been using ubuntu for awhile now (started back on 6.06). I stopped using it for awhile because me and command line never got along so I started up again back on 10.04 and been using Ubuntu on my laptop and server ever since!

I know some things about Ubuntu and I know alot about windows and hardware. I can answer any of your windows or hardware questions! I would also like to try to learn some command line! (i'm workin on it!)

Beans

Hello to the Illinois & Chicago Ubuntu Forums Local

I am a long time user of other OS systems. But decided that I want to
    learn more about the data processing and the programming. I tried to find

resources in other venues but they are all so financially demanding that it

became a problem. So when I read about the concepts of Linux and the

free software ideals. I though that this may be a place to fit in and learn

the higher components.

Due to circumstances, I sort of bounce around northern Chicago area, between
    nw Cook and se Lake Counties quite a bit, so a home is not exactly a true
    statement at the present time. I am looking for a trading relationship, where I will
    help others with their goals and desires to accomplish things, in exchange for free or
    very inexpensive resources where I can improve on my own skills.

I have only had a machine dedicated to ubuntu up and running for a little over 48
    hours, and although I have read some things related to Linux, on the whole I am
    rather new to the whole program. So resources on how to in silly baby steps are
    appreciated.

Michael

ps does anyone know if they intend to begin the training section on the groups? A well
    indexed wiki book on ubuntu could help propell this system faster than anything else I

could think of. Any system sparks and moves with numbers and education. This one
    seems to be moving but the education materials are in my so far exploration a

bit obscure.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Thumbs down Re: Illinois & Chicago Shoutouts

Hey all, I am Tom, i'm in Chicago. I have been interested in, and using Unix -Linux since 2000 and I divorced windows a few years back. I use Ubuntu desktop and Ubuntu server. I am looking for people in the area who share the same interests in Ubuntu and the open source community.
    Looking to start a users group or something of the sort.

Peace.

Ubuchignome2

Chicago, IL

Beans

Howdy,

My name is JP and I am a Pastor and a computer geek, a father of 4 in Rockford, IL. I have been working with other *nix for several years on servers etc. I had been running CentOS and KDE as a desktop but a friend told me about Ubuntu LTS and after 5 minutes I switched.

My main draw was that many of the people I was helping in the ministry were stealing Windows product. By using Ubuntu I could offer them a solid desktop and let them free on the computer. I have used Ubuntu with several laptops and desktops and always had happy faces when they realize that they don't have to be frightened about Linux.

My wife still clings to her Windows 7 but two of my kids have Ubuntu and one has KUbuntu on her PC as well. I am very hesitant to list myself anything other than as a beginner, however I am looking forward to getting a local group here in Rockford.

-- JP

BTW: CleanSweep is my Gamertag on XboxLive if you are looking for COD fodder I may be available

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast