Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frets on Fire (Guitar Hero clone)

Beans

Re: Frets on Fire (Guitar Hero clone)

Quote Originally Posted by tqft View Post
    Has anyone seen or made a deb package of it?

I am downloading now 1.2.451 (released 15 April 2007) to see if I can get it too work - earlier versions keep crashing.

Some of the error messages suggest adjusting - turn anti-aliasing off but how?
    Settings->Video Settings->Antialiasing quality

Beans

is ther a .deb for the newset verison of this game or even better a whole repo including the songs and the core files

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by tqft View Post
    Has anyone seen or made a deb package of it?

I am downloading now 1.2.451 (released 15 April 2007) to see if I can get it too work - earlier versions keep crashing.

Some of the error messages suggest adjusting - turn anti-aliasing off but how?
    You can get it from the Debian repos. Game & songs are needed. There's a meta-package here that you may want to install after those are in to make it easier to uninstall..though when I think about it, that might not actually work since they'd be marked manually installed....Whatever, you need the first 2. They'll work on Feisty, and I don't know about Edgy, but probably not Dapper.

LinuxChix | Linux User #432169 | Ubuntu User #8495 | IRC: maco @ irc.linuxchix.org or irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by ceil420 View Post
    Man I tried to get FoF, but I don't think my computer can take it. Odd, cos it's not like I'm on an ancient box or anything. But I started the game, and never got past the initial (orange/yellow) loading screen with the annoying repetetive music -_- I gave it like ten minutes before pushin' the power button on my computer, cos I couldn't alt+f2 to xkill it or anything
    I had this same problem. When I started the game a second time, it went to the menu just as it should. Its just a bug the first time some people start the game. Also, just a tip - if your pc freezes up like that, you can sometimes get it back by hitting ctrl-alt-backspace. This kills your X session and brings you back to the login prompt. All your programs die, but it's better than the power button.

Quote Originally Posted by ceil420 View Post
    Shouldn't this computer be able to play it?

uname: Linux 2.6.17-11-generic
    Distro: Xubuntu Edgy
    CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.70GHz 1695.254 MHz
    Bogomips: 3394.71
    Mem: 187/503M [||||||||||]
    Diskspace: 91.34G Free: 72.29G
    Graphic: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200] (rev a1)
    Screen: 1280x1024 (32 bpp)
    You should be able to play it no problem. When I first ran it, I had awful flickering so bad I couldn't play the game. I installed the nvidia-glx package (binary drivers from nvidia for OpenGL) and enabled them, and it worked like a charm.

Beans

what is all this talk of needing the guitar controller. I have my telecaster for when I want to play guitar and my model M for when I want to play FOF!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12