Thread: translation & help

Beans

translation & help

I've done all the translation in french of the wubi site but your connection time limit have eat it grrr help me i guess it stael somewere in the firefox mémory. (of ubuntu feisty)

Beans

Re: translation & help

You may want to get in touch with Guillaume (I'll PM you his email) who is taking care of the French translation.

The plan on our side is to activate Rosetta, and use PO files + scripts to generate the static web pages, so that translators will not have to edit html code directly. Preparing a PO file template for the current website will also help a lot.

Thanks

PS I have set up the Lupin-translation-team in the meantime.

Beans

thank you. But I don't anderstand PO. All I've done is to translate all the actual wubi web site in a post (up to you to use it as you want). but when I post it, I have the message for connection time and I lose all. Sorry for my hanger in this first post, but I've forgot this prehistoric forum restriction.

So my post just ask if I can find back my jod in the firefox mémories (not sur I was realy clear).

Thank you for your ansewrs, but as you can read I don't realy have le level to work in englih in an english site with english speaking people. That's why I process like that. translation in french of easy-undrestanding explication steal possible for me.

Beans

I recommend that anyone planning to help on the translation wait for the project to be included in Rosetta.

If you start working on it on your own, you might end up doing something that has already been done.

Once the project is in Rosetta, everyone will be able to participate and see what is left to translate.

Beans

Any news on when it will be in Rosetta?
    Previously known as 23meg

Beans

In the past month we were not able to contact hello1024 who originally registered the Wubi project, and only he has the right to activate rosetta and malone for the wubi frontend and website. I have contacted the launchpad admins and the situation should be fixed soon.

Beans

Thanks for the info; please post to this thread when it's up. I'll subscribe to get reminded.
    Previously known as 23meg

Beans

On a side issue, the 2 projects that we need to translate are the website (which at the moment consists of a static webpages) and the wubi frontend (which is written in nsis). As far as I know gettext does not support neither nsis nor simple html pages. I can write some scripts to fill the gap, but if any of you is aware of readily available tools for the above please let me know.

Note also that a french translation for the website has already been submitted (thanks!), it's not up because of what mentioned above.