Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Virginia LoCo Team!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Virginia LoCo Team!

Just joined launchpad under the same display name. I have been using Ubuntu for about 4 years. Started with Warty.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Yep, same here. Started with 4.10 (Warty?). Just joined, too. Installed 7.10 on my new Inspiron 1520 last night.

Beans

Hi! every body. I am absolutety new to ubuntu. One of my friend gave me Uduntu CD (Down loaded from Internet) before. I did install it on my desktop along with Window XP. So I had dual boot system. I was able to run both OS on the desk top. But Ubuntu was not not able to recognize network card, usb port, printers etc. I thought may be ubuntu software may be missing some files. Now I have downloaded ubuntu myself on my second Hard drive. I have 2- hard drives. But I did not open the downloaded file to install on the desk top. When I clicked the the downloaded ubuntufiles Icon. Popup window reads- " window needs to know which program created the file". My Questions are -

1- Is it ok to burn this ubuntu downloaded files. And install ubuntu from the burned CD?

2- How to install ubuntu downloaded from my second Hard drive? At this time I have only Window XP Professional with SP-2.

I am very good for Window XP but I have very scanty knowladge about Ubuntu. I am still gathering knowladge about Ubuntu from Internet. Does any of you have basic information for completely new guy like me.
    I mean something like Ubuntu for idiots. Any help is appreciated.
    I am in NOV- Gainesville.

Sahai

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Thumbs up Re: Virginia LoCo Team!

Hey Everyone!

Just joined and new to VA. I hope that I can be of help. FYI. I am building an Ubuntu Systems Administration site that will go live on April 25, 2008 after Hardy's release! I would appreciate feedback and any information for topics and issues I should cover! Here is the site www.onlyhelping.org

Shea
    Last edited by Almumin; April 15th, 2008 at 02:24 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Cool Awesome. Have been using Ubuntu Gusty now for about month and loving every day that goes by. Got my favorite game installing and running awesome, World of Warcraft and just started to play Urban Terror and Counter Strike with Steam.

But anyways, I'm in Newport News, VA so if there will be any events or meetings where can I go for more information?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Didnt really know about these LoCo teams, but im up in N. VA. and have been using Ubuntu for about a year solid now. Happy to help out wherever just PM me.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I joined the Launchpad team. The IRC channel appears to be dead. I'm in Chesapeake VA and have been using Linux for almost 6 years now. I've been trying to find a local LUG, but can't find one. Anyone interested in trying to start one?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by santium View Post
    I joined the Launchpad team. The IRC channel appears to be dead. I'm in Chesapeake VA and have been using Linux for almost 6 years now. I've been trying to find a local LUG, but can't find one. Anyone interested in trying to start one?
    I don't rightly know where Chesapeake is, but there is a LUG in Richmond called the RMLUG:
    http://rmlug.org/
    "Security lies within the user of who runs the system. Think smart, live safe." - Dr Small
    Linux User #441960 | Wiki: DrSmall

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Chesapeake is right next to VA Beach, about 10~15 mins from the VA-NC border.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

There is the Tidewater Unix Users Group. They have meetings in Norfolk at the Lake Taylor Transitional Care Center.

http://twuug.org

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast